Maybe a stupid question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by headstasher, Oct 5, 2011.

1. I have experience with both soil and dwc set ups but my question is if I have a clone in a very small pot of soil can I go ahead and put it in the hydroton rocks and go dwc the rest of the way. I'm converting some of my plants to dwc. If I can't then I'll just treat clones the usual way with rock wool

2. I would rince the dirt off the roots using ph'ed RO water and then gently place it into the hydroten. Be careful not the crush the main roots. It may be shocked for a few days but i've done this myself

3. Sweet deal thanks for the tip. I've been havin troubles with soil and want to go back to the consistency and measurability of hydro and these new genetics I picked up need to be saved big time

4. I fill a bucket to nearly full of neutral water and toss a bubble wand in. Remove the plant's root ball from the pot and then submerge it in the water. Gently massage the root ball, while holding it in the bubble stream. Within a few minutes you should have freed most if not all the soil from the roots. You can now plant it in the hydroton.

I find this method to be a little more gentle to the plant, and produces less shock than using running water.

5. That's pretty much what I had in mind but then I'll dip it in some KLN water to help with shock. This particular strain is a tough one so should go just fine