May - June Movies 2019

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Apr 28, 2019.

1. When a Secretary of State (Charlize Theron) decides to run for president, she hires a free-spirited journalist (Seth Rogen) to be her speechwriter. But it's not that simple. Turns out, she used to be his babysitter, and if the writing isn't on the wall, there's some romantic chemistry.

Rebel Wilson has solidified herself as comedic gold, but when you pair her alongside equally funny, yet underrated Anne Hathaway in a spy drama, then you're set to get a really solid couple hours of laughs.

Live-action Aladdin is going to be insane. Yes, there's been some doubts about how Genie is being artistically portrayed (as a very blue Will Smith), but this new iteration looks like one of Disney's most elaborate live-action ventures to date.

Rocketman is the Across the Universe-esque Elton John biopic you didn't know you needed. Don't expect a facts-only film, unless there was a period of time when John literally floated, but damn if it doesn't look cool anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

2. In Dark Phoenix, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable.

The Men in Black have always protected the Earth from the scum of the universe. In this new adventure, they tackle their biggest, most global threat to date: a mole in the Men in Black organization.

Shaft is the next chapter in the film franchise featuring the coolest private eye on any New York City block. JJ, aka John Shaft Jr. (Usher), may be a cyber security expert with a degree from MIT

After he’s attacked on the street at night by a roving motorcycle gang, timid bookkeeper Casey (Jesse Eisenberg) joins a neighborhood karate studio to learn how to protect himself

Final release dates to come:

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Dark Phoenix is the one I'm most looking forward to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've tried to include the May movies at the top
    but yeah the mongels are still fighting over release dates ...lol

Seth Logan won prime spot with his Long Shot out 3rd may

Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother suspected of child endangerment,
    a social worker and her own small kids are soon drawn into a frightening supernatural realm
    low budget but good ..lol ...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Def going to see that Dark Phoenix because I can relate. Shes exactly how I would be if I was that powerful. Oan thanks for posting again Vostok a lot of good movies going to be out soon! :D

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Do you guys think the Dark Phoenix will come down to the battle of the minds between her and Professor X? Better question, who is this Phoenix? Some sort of fire bird demon?

Another that looks like it may be a good watch. Godzilla: King of Monsters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG]
    Even by Russian standards Sofia Turner is truly Ugly,

perhaps wearing out any acceptable looks in the GOT yarn?

[​IMG]
    same with the other Spinster Jennifer Lawrence

[​IMG]
    the earlier actress was Great.. Famke Janssen
    measured by the fact that when on camera the movie house..Fell Silent ...lol
    X-Men films[edit] WIKI
    In 2000, Janssen played superhero Dr. Jean Grey in the Marvel Studios film X-Men. She later reprised the role in the 2003 sequel, X2, where her character shows signs of increasing powers, but at the end of the film, she is presumably killed. Janssen returns as a very much alive Jean, whose death in X2 awoke her dark alternate personality, Phoenix in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006). At the end of the film, she is killed by Wolverine (played by Hugh Jackman), who only does it because Jean asks him to, not wanting to hurt anyone when Phoenix is in control. For that role, she won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress.[12] She returned as Jean in the 2013 film The Wolverine as a hallucination of Wolverine's.[13]
    In 2014, Janssen reprised her role of Jean Grey in a brief cameo for X-Men: Days of Future Past, as did a few of the original actors from the first three films, including Halle Berry, Kelsey Grammer, Anna Paquin, and James Marsden. In the film, Wolverine went back in time and changed the course of the future, the result being that the events of the third movie, including the deaths of Jean Grey and Cyclops, never happened

but many are in it for the ride and er serious 'cash' which baits the question

how much money are these women making compared to the returning well paid guys..???

• Like Like x 2
  8. @vostok The little red-haired girl ain't too bad. I wouldn't mind rehearsing a few scenes with her lol. I agree about Janssen though. She was the hot n sexy Phoenix. Shame they wrote her off. Was it the hair or something? lol

9. I would choose her powers too, but in a dude of course lol. The Beyonder would've been my first choice, but he was too powerful, which is why they wrote him off after the Secret Wars lol. So I'm picking her powers first. Second choice would probably be Wolverine. Night Crawlers powers would be coming in as 3rd. Would be nice to teleport like that. Can I not be blue though? lol. :bolt:

• Winner Winner x 1

10. I can't remember what were The Beyonder's powers? Do you remember in the movie X-Men First Class, That Tornado guy? I think that would be fun power to have as well!

~Toni~

11. #11 Vee, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019

I liked the fact that she had all these amazing powers.. blah blah
    but could not commit to dogman or the guy with the welders glasses
    even after she left the show the 'school' was more a religous college
    than a school as we know it in the east..we can't have sex
    messing with the magical powers now can we?
    But hey this Dutch treat is doing well in mainstream movies

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. According to the comics I read when I was a young punk, (in a nutshell) his powers were basically "god-like". Meaning he could basically do anything. His powers were too much for any super hero to handle and eventually it got to his head. The load of them got together to take him on at once. They left only scratch on him lol. The only one close enough to take him on was Molecule Man. Even then he was only able to push him back so to speak. Eventually, the Beyonder got bored and left to wherever it is it came from.

You mean Riptide? Yea he had some crazy powers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. thats what stoners do they talk about magical super powers

and the deep stuff that goes with it, those stoners do it for hours

I was just at a bar and some Avenger Endgame fans dressed up too and in their 40's

all I could reply ..."In a world that anything can happen anything will happen"

Ah Deeep! they said ...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Haha I ain't the type to go as far as dress up as a super hero. Maybe when I was 8 or something lol. No beef with those who do though. It's all for fun I guess. Nowadays I just wait for the movies to make it to disc or I stream them online. I haven't set foot in a theater in years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Like in the states dress up in your favorites costume get in free

or a free candy bar ...lol but 40yo

I think it was a singles group ...lol

• Funny Funny x 1

16. Now I could get used to those lbvs. I so wish powers were real!

Oh is that his name? Well yea hes Tornados are cool iwould like that ability to have lolz.

Thanks for the info tho CB!!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    will play the lead in phoenix

18. Sophie Turner alright but I think they should just let me do the part :D

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. As long as we're signing up for parts, I'll take Wolverine's role. If it's taken then I'll go with Night Crawlers role lol.

• Winner Winner x 1

20. June 29th?
    Should be a fun movie.

:smoke: