Maximum lights redflag?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by switchridex, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Whats goin on guys...
    Say I get a one bedroom apartment but do not live there,unplug the fridge microwave heater/air condtioner etc and just setup a nice little grow room. About how many lights do you think would be safe to grow in there without reaching a red flag? I have been doing some research and think that if everything is off you should EASILY get away with 2 1000watt bulbs running...i would like to run more,but i guess i could just play with it till the electric bill comes.but anyone have any idea the max number of lights i can have running without bein redflagged?thanks

2. I run up to 2600 watts veg/flower +fans, ect. Monthly bill is $400-$450 including regular household. (South Florida.) I wouldn't worry to much about a "red flag" as long as the bill is paid in full on time. Remember the new hot tub and 60" plasma you just plugged in. The electric company is in the business of selling electricity. The only way you have to worry about them is if the fuzz gets wind of your garden and goes to the electric company to check usage...then they are obligated to show your records (if warranted.) But by then your already busted so the high usage just helps them get the warrant to kick the door down. IMO Much Love.

3. 400 is a ton for an apartment. But I think you could get away with 3.

4. no apartment man,get a trailer or something,i'd be worried about smell and nosy neighbors.they certainly will notice that you aren't living thier

5. well honestly I could get a rented house instead and have SOMEBODY living there most of the time just so no one gets worried. But if its a house I think i can easily easily get away with more lights than I could probably need...

6. Electricity is cheaper at apartments than houses. Apt get charged a flat rate. Houses get charged more for the more they use. I would just use some carbon filters for the smell and completely make it, its own sealed of environment.