Maximizing Yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weedman88, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

I got a white widow in about 4 week of flower. I did the simple topping of main stem in veg and now have about 4-5 main colas coming in. I used botanicare veg/bloom for this plant. The question I have is should i have cut off around 1/4 of the fan leaves during veg on the lower 1/3 of plant to help focus more energy on the bud site growth? The main buds are coming in thick now but no leaves have dropped and there are lots of popcorn buds all over as well. I'm just thinkin it may benefited more so by trimming lower growth off, but also here more stress doesn't help either. What do you guys think ?

2. People believe in both schools of growing. Thin like crazy or don't thin at all. I'm the later school and only pull dead fans that are fully brown and dead as the plant will use the big fans as a food source as she gets near the end of life.
    Since I grow outside all the plant gets equal light and the lower popcorn is as strong as the rest of the topside buds. IME
    BNW