Max pot size for indica

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MikeC10305, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I am growing Violator Kush indoors undr CFL for VEG, before I put them outdoors. My quesiton is how big of a pot will allow for max growth. I hear 1 gallon equals on foot of plant growth and I know that Indica Dom plants will only get 2 or 3 feet (I think). I don't want to have to lugh and bury extra large pots to my guerilla site for no reason. Another thing we have been getting alot of rain here in NYC and I was thinking I should bury them on a bit of a mound to prevent flooding. Good idea?

2. Bigger the pot the bigger the root and better the yield. I have two 40 gallon plastic pots and a 65 gallon SmartPot this year. SmartPots now do a 200 gallon.

3. I'm worried abou transplanting to guerilla site. What should I do? I'm looking for max yield, but it's obvious I will have to sacrafice a bit. Money for soil and weight/size of pots for transport.

4. Is transporting 2 10 gallon pots at a time logical? How much do you figure they weigh? With LST and possible super crop and good sun could I see 1/2 to 1 lb per plant? Using Nutes (FF or TEAS)

5. 10 gallons per plant is good enough for guerilla as you'll be able to move them around if your spot is jeopardized with tracks. Move 1 at a time unless you have a wheelbarrow or something or you're super strong lol.

Other than that, the bigger, the better. Make sure you have good air and drainage in the soil mix (perlite or lava chips 1/3). You should also use water plugs (I use cork) in the holes at the bottom of the pots to save as much water as possible (3/4 of holes should be blocked with cork). Also use mulch on top. Yield in the end depends on too many factors (sun, soil mix, nutes, watering, pests, strain, weather, rippers, LST, fimming, veg time....).

It's best to just wait and see what Nature offers you when you get there to not be too disappointed or to get a nice bonus.:wave:

6. i use 5 gallon homedepot buckets and i get decent yield