Mattskeee's First Time 4x4 RDWC LED AUTO GROW

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mattskeee, Jun 29, 2019.

1. HELP!

Any suggestions/reasons/advice why my PH is jumping to mid 8's every 24-36 hours after adjusting back down to mid 5-6?

I've just got home and it's 8.8. Yesterday 8.3.

Down solution must work because I can see the meter drop when I add it.

10ml for 100L is one ph.

Resevoir is only about 55l and I reckon I've added 30ml down this week.

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  2. Silicon can help stabilise PH, if your EC is going up then your over feeding :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  3. First resevoir change - 22 days since germination!

Hey everyone, here's my first serious update - fresh pictures, resevoir change, and what a debacle that was!

Mixed 50L of tap water with 50ml x Micro&Gro, 25ml CalMag.

Managed to get water Everywhere like a fucking fountain when trying to drain, and also forgot to turn off the aquarium heater which consequently exploded as the water level dropped. Add this to the brown sludge which had accumulated (I still think this is Great White - it's like a very fine sand, and was added direct to the res, not mixed before hand, which could explain why it's still sitting)

Got things semi cleaned up - but definitely didn't strip and clean all the pots.

I'll let the pictures do the talking rather than me rambling on.

Once again this is day 22 from the seeds popping, and 12 days since going into the DWC/tent/QB.

Please! Give me alllll you got friends!

M[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  4. And the girls![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  5. Res has settled at
    930ppm
    22°c
    6.0ph

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  6. And now 24 hours later...

There has been some good growth in the last day though![​IMG]

Sent from Space

7. #47 Han-Bolo, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    What are you using for calcium and magnesium?

You should defintely clean all that stuff out and get a fresh stable solution that stays consistent. Dont need a build up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. GH CaliMagic

I'm not trying to take the easy way out, but there's hours in pulling the plants out, pulling all the hoses off, cleaning the buckets, mixing new res, etc.

I'm more worried about the plants - but I guess they will be thankful for a beautiful environment. That PH keeps jumping to the 8's every 24-36 hours.

Sent from Space

9. #49 Han-Bolo, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Might be jumping from all the build up and sludge in your dirty system as it circulates more and the stuff dissolves further in your solution but I'm no expert? Your plants look a little sickly. A lockout as stated earlier will also happen at higher PHs. Your girls are stressed and hungry. Hydro is not forgiving like soil. You need to correct your issues before it's too late. Ask me how I know lol. Personally I'd do a full clean out cuz when I risked it in the past it didnt workout very well.

Cheers qhrj8qmjl7az.jpg KRuFnY4-1022x1024-1.jpg Screenshot_20190713-030651_Gallery.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. How do you know? Lol!

Only stirring...

I was trying to Google what effect myco has on PH but couldn't find anything.

I know I'm rushing things but this is kind of stealth and I only have short moments to look after things.

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  11. Youre good bro im a huge shit talker but its always for the better. The way I look at it, something is disrupting your system or getting introduced to it in-between your feeds/adjustments. whatever it is its affecting your PH. After looking thorugh your pics and reading your posts all I can think of is all that sludge.

Yeah I messed around with aeroponics back in college. I took the easy route and learned the hard way. dont want that for you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. So I got home today and things were at 1100ppm and 8.8ph. 21°c water and tent.

I've just used the last of my ph down to bring things back down to high 5/low 6, but I'm sure things will be back up high in 24 hours.

Attached some photos of the girls which have definitely made some progress!

I had a thought that the ph probe is probably covered in gunk from the res too, so that's maybe why the reading keeps settling back high (maybe reading higher than it should if it's coated) things still aren't right though.

I may have some time tomorrow to try and dump again and do a fresh batch of water and nutes.

The res water is looking cleaner than before - didn't add any Great White with the res change as there's obviously still enough of *something* in there.

I know best practice would be to rip it all apart and clean and get it back together - how long will the plants survive in their net pots while I action this?

I really don't want to have to do this, and I'm tempted to let this run it's course and chalk it up to experience.

Happy Sunday everyone![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quick picture update while I'm trying to clean this shit out - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

14. And this corker![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. So the big clean is complete.

Taking bets on the health of the system 24 hours from now!

Pulled the girls out and rested them in spare buckets, pulled all the air hoses out, drained the system, and managed to drag the whole 5 pots out in one piece, and hosed the whole lot out! I didn't disconnect water hoses to clean inside them but flushed a few times. Forgot to do a leak test/tighten everything back up when I refilled with the new water so for a bit messy, but much better than the first time!

Water was 30ml of GH TRIO+CalMag / 50L.

Water level is just below net pot. I didn't touch the roots or do anything with the plants, so they're still a little funky...

Everything is back in and running... some pics below :)

Fingers crossed![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  16. PH might still change but not as drastically or quickly with the remainder of the sludge being on the roots and not all over the system. I would try to rinse the roots off. Do you have an extra bucket you can pick the net pot up and stick in with clean water and do a little bath to wash them off? I dont think its root rot considering the sludge was a result of all that additive. But the roots need to be white and clean of any sludge if you ask me.

-cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haha I only managed to have a very quick look!

Ph 6.8 so much more stable

Some growth across all plants, especially soil!
    Water still clear.
    Ran out of ph down. Used vinegar - will go to shops this arvo![​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks dude, yeah no doubt there is still a little sludge on the roots which seems to have washed off a tiny bit back into the clean system, but nowhere near where it was.

I do have a spare bucket I can use - Ill get these cleaned I'm the next 24 hours.

As per my previous post, ph has remained steady all day which makes me very happy as opposed to the previous 24 hours shifts of +3ph every time!

Sent from Space

19. Just left everything at
    950ppm
    21°c WATER
    5.9ph
    39%RH
    21°C TENT

Let's see how things are in the morning... I really want to get these girls going strong!

This is now around 30 days since breaking soil, definitely a slow start and I can only put that down yo my first ever grow experience and just take it and learn. At least I'm leaning towards a more CBD yield than THC, so if I'm correct, a longer flowering is better? Clear, Cloudy, Brown trichomes... and I want them closer to the end?

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2