Matrix 4: Extras Wanted SF area: Help

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Jan 28, 2020.

1. #1 Vee, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020

‘Project Ice Cream’ – the working title for The Matrix 4 – is set to shoot in San Francisco,Ca.
    between February 5th and March 1st (if you’re in the area and fancy yourself as an extra,
    you can find the relevant info here).

After its surprise announcement last year, it is now being reported that director Lana Wachoski and cast are set to begin principal photography on the fourth instalment in the Matrix franchise this February.
    The Matrix 4 will see the return of cast members Keanu Reeves (Neo), Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) and Jade Pinkett Smith (Niobe), while newcomers include Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Watchmen), Jessica Henwick (Iron Fist), Neil Patrick Harris (A Series of Unfortunate Events), Jonathan Groff (Frozen II) and Sense8 alumni Toby Onwumere, Max Riemelt and Erendira Ibarra.

Keanu Reeves' Head Turning Comment On The Script For Matrix 4

Keanu Reeves was 35 and Carrie-Anne Moss was 32 when the first Matrix movie was released. By the time production starts in 2020, Keanu Reeves will be 55 and Carrie-Anne Moss will be 52. Matrix 4 comes out 23 years after the original.

восток не всем расскажу в интернете
    (don't tell everyone)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really looking forward to this 4th installment, im just really glad they didn't cast Hemsworth a role:thumbsup:...

Choking on grapes atm!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lol 20 years of coke abuse ..CGI and make up can only hide so much ...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I never even knew they were doing another Matrix!! This is cool I wonder if it will be as good as they others.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dizzy go get a job as an extra... go get GC famous .... HERE: lol

6. What do you mean by extra tho Vostok?

~Toni~

7. dwyer cast.jpg
    A film extra ...like a job maybe leading to be a movie star

• Winner Winner x 1

8. Hey I would love to be ina cool movie im going to to try it!!! :D Iono if they want a pregnant lady tho...

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Give it time im not sure many people on here is movie matieral anyways my dude but there are some who could do it from GC!!! Maybe should try to get some going ona Movie forum. I would love to do it my self but they probably wouldn't take me lol.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. He did age terribly hey. Any word on Bill & Ted 3 ?

The plane ticket costs more than part:blink:. Lol...
    IMG_20200130_080457.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. No worries baby you can tell everyone in SF.. how Kay Reeves made you pregnant..
    he might pay lots to keep that silent ....lolol srry KR ....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yeah I agree I'm type cast too ..best I could do is play a dead extra in John Wick 9 ....lol
    fucked by the dog

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

13. Lol you Spacing! :p

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bong!! Of course it's gotta be same actors..otherwise it won't be the Matrix..

15. The matrix: unrevelations.

16. One pandemic and some months later:
    I loved Bill & Ted! I watched the movies, cartoon, started saying 'dude' and bogus because of it, and hoped that this would be a nostalgic look back to my early teens. And it kind of was, in a way. And there was a sweetness in watching Bill&Ted again fumble their way to saving the world/universe/reality.

But the problems with B&T are the usual problems with most remarks and sequels coming out of Hollywood.

* I'm definitely for equality, but the males (with backstory) in the film are either dysfunctional or complete idiots while the women come to save the day because they're portrayed as smarter and more resourceful. Spread the cluelessness around, and spread the resourcefulness around.

* (Future) Bill&Ted were even painted as being manipulative and nasty in some parts, which is not who they were in the original films.

* the daughters bring everyone together in the end and are credited with creating THE SONG. But neither plays an instrument and just offer some feedback on what each musician was attempting to do. So they don't really have any talent other than telling seasoned and talented musicians what to do (cause the daughters listened to lots of music and therefore know better then them I suppose). If they are to be the heroes then they really should have had stronger parts written for them. Hollywood, if you're going for strong female leads in a film then give the female lead a backstory, with skills that justify them being in that role. No-one deserves a leading role just because they fit a particular demographic.

* the music. What can I say other than there was soooo much more they could have done with this. The music in B&T was build around the time period they were in. Metal & rock were cool at the time so the original films can be placed in a time period. This one however... it's almost like they didn't have a clear idea of what they wanted to portray.

* I have to say I like Bill's daughter and how she tried to go full Bill/Keanu. She nailed a lot of his idiosyncratic movements and facial expression. Ted's daughter though could have been played by anyone. So this missed the beat for me. Either make sure the daughters are girl versions of the Dads, give them their own personalities&mannerisms, or even swap them (Ted's daughter behaves like Bill and vice versa). Unfortunately we got half of one of these.

There are more, but other reviewers have covered these points.

Finally, I just want to say that it's sad that the film missed the point of Bill&Ted - it was never about saving the world, or their marriages. They were just 2 sweet dudes, a little clueless, trying to do what they thought was right in their own way. And we like seeing their positivity come through even when times were rough. And because they were always positive things worked out in the end, sometimes with a little help from Rufus.

There was a glimmer of that here, but not enough.
    says: b_trough