Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Matches?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by elusious, Aug 21, 2008.

1. So one of my go-through guys told me that it's better to use a match than a lighter.

The idea being you light the match, let the sulfur burn off, then light your bowl. This keeps butane (from lighters) from building up in the bowl, which is what gives you a nasty taste towards the end.

I tried this and can honestly say I did see (well.. lol, taste) the difference, especially with headies.

Anyone else heard of this? Tried it? Does it? ^_^

2. Matches are better than lighters for cigars, but not for weed. You don't get any residue from butane lighters, only carbon dioxide and water. If you taste any difference, it's because of the wood flavor from the match stick burning.

3. I light joints with matches on the occasion of no lighter, never a bowl though. curious to see if anyone else can share their experience

4. Precisely.

I do smoke with matches every now and then when I can't find my lighter. Works just fine.