Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

massachusetts decriminalization

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ZigZagPapers, Jul 25, 2008.

1. In november mass goes to vote for decriminalization of marijuana, spread the word to any massachusetts resident who can vote. VOTE TO DECRIMINALIZE!:smoke:

2. damn right! heard about this on the news a few months ago, and I was PUMPED!

3. that would be awsome considering this state blows anyways. Hey if it passes then we can work on getting fireworks legal here

4. id be pumped if they decriminalized it, so many people smoke in Mass anyway, ppl should just man up and accept it

5. whaaat hell yea!! I can't believe that because mass has some many dumb laws

6. Right on Massachusettes!

And the beat goes on :smoking:...

7. Well maybe I should just move my ass to mass. :D

8. if it happens im moving to mass for sure

9. hopefully it will get decriminalized so it will set an example on how awesome it will be so that other states will do it too if not then im def moving to mass

10. Thing is, you guys don't know the whole deal here.
    It's going to be decriminalized for personal use, so anything under 5 oz or something like that is nor illegal, BUT you can still get in trouble. They'll pretty much just give you a ticket.
    The whole point of this is to save cop's time so they don't waste a shitload of time with people and their pot, and they can just write you off on a ticket and go do something more important. This is what the guy who's trying to pass the bill said himself, look it up if you don't believe me.

11. im pretty sure everyone knows that basically if u get caught its like a speeding ticket "oh kno" id much rather have that than have a chance of going to jail or probation and papers at the least

12. if you are an MA resident it is your duty to tell everyone you know who smokes to fucking get off the couch and vote. the best thing you can do (besides voting of course) is talk to people.

marx, foucault, jefferson, they all believed that revolutions (of whatever sort or magnitude) begin and end with people talking.

hell, marx said communism would rise out of the pubs and bars....

something to think about my friends. there's no reason we cant make this thing work.

13. hells ya they better get the word out if this was up for vote in ks everyone would kno wats up

14. I live in mass that would be sick if it happened but if it doesnt. I guess ill have to keep smoking even if it isnt decriminalized.

Im pretty sure i know how evreyone that lives in mass on this website will vote.:smoke:

15. Vote Yes on Question 2! just a 100 dollar fine if you have less than oz on you. still a criminal offense to grow/sell

16. Oh i know, but I'm sure there are some people that think "decrim? sweet it'll be like amsterdam!"

17. How will this affect people already on probation for possesion like myself

18. this would make my life. I've been waiting for this shit for real, VOTE YES ON QUESTION 2 PEOPLE,.......Please.

19. [The] pending bill seeks to eliminate all federal penalties prohibiting the personal use and possession of up to 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) of marijuana. Under this measure, adults who consume cannabis would no longer face arrest, prison, or even the threat of a civil fine. The bill also eliminates all penalties prohibiting the not-for-profit transfers of up to one ounce of pot.

NORML Legal Counsel Keith Stroup, who worked closely with Frank's staff to draft this legislation, said, "If passed by Congress, this legislation would legalize the possession, use, and non-profit transfer of marijuana by adults for the first time since 1937."

Apparently the draft of the bill has changed.
    100% legality for personal use. Cultivation and sale still illegal.