Mason Jars vs Tight Vacs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MilkyIlladelph, Jul 16, 2011.

1. My question pretty much is, how nice are tight vacs?

2. a mason jar does virtually the same thing and cost's less but iv'e never owned a tight vac so i really couldent tell ya

3. Tight vacs crack after a while, I would get a mason jar.

4. Oh I've got some mason jars.. I was just wondering about tight vacs because if they do the same thing I'd imagine itd be better to not allow any uv light to the buds

5. yeah but you can get the same effect by putting it in a drawer

6. Tight Vacs do crack after a while, my old dealer used to use those. If you want your moneys worth than check out these.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/NHT-Apothecary-Bottle-2-Liter/dp/B004LT1NEI"]Crazy expensive jars[/ame]

7. I use both and they both work fine. I doubt I would buy another tight-vac though.

8. mason jars FTW, ppl say that u cnt leave space in the jar or the weed will dry out. ive found that not to be true. i had a couple of grams in my jar for about a couple weeks (out of state) and when i came back home, my buds were about as fresh as i left them :smoke:

9. #10 Communist, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organization so I have tried a lot of different containers out to store my nugs in.

Mason Jars: CHEAP!!! easy to clean, easy to use, bit of a hassle with the lid but there are really no cons to these other than they are heavy, can shatter, and are clear.

OXO top vacuum jars: Not very cheap, a bit more that tightvac but they are easier to use and come apart so you can clean everything related to the vacuum mechanism and i think they seal better as well. These are clear as well however, and the sizes are not too nug friendly unless you need to store 1oz and up.

Tightvac: not too cheap, but they come in all sorts of great color combos, great sizes, easy to use but not as easy as OXO and they can be a little more of a hassle to clean.

Vacuum sealed bags: ideal for shipping not so much for carrying, but they seal in great and cost next to nothing once you make the initial purchase

Smelly Proof Bags: not good, expensive and not durable. do hold the smell better than baggies but the freshness not so much.

Cork top jars: they are ok but the cork will steal away moisture

GonG jars: great! just expensive and fragile.

end note: you can find lots of great tension and double seal glass jars mad cheap if you just hit up your local home goods, Container Store (super awesome), or supermarket.

10. Tight vacs are just a gimmick, go with mason jars, and get a vacuum pump if you want to vacuum seal them.

11. The mason jar i have currently holds about an ounce. The Vac container i have holds about a half pound. I put the mason jar in the vac container for double freshness :smoke: