Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Masking the cooking smell?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cello, Jan 19, 2010.

1. I need to make some cannabutter and I absolutely cannot have a lingering smell for more than 2-3 hours. I do have a vent by my stove which I think should help. Any tips on masking or getting rid of the odor?

2. sorry dude... there is just no way to mask it... my house smells stronger when i cook then when i was drying a small harvest.

you could try osmium spray but... its not worth getting caught over... just make peanut butter... seems to not smell to bad if sealed good with foil. but a non pot smoker will smell it before a pot smoker. kinda like being a cig smoker you just stop noticing some of the smell after a while.

if you have a backyard, you could buy an electric heat plate and make the budder outside. but im sure its raining right now...

3. I made my cannabutter at a friend's weed-friendly house, then cooked my dish at my house with it. As long as the food has a strong smell (like melting chocolate or flavored bread) it won't smell like weed in your kitchen.

If you don't have the option of making butter elsewhere, there is a video in this subforum somewhere where someone is making cannabutter in a sealed mason jar, and the only time it's exposed to air is when you strain it. Do a search for "cannabutter" here or on youtube.