Maryland Lawmakers Trying Again to Legalize Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by sachidananda, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I'm from Maryland and I think we need to keep this thread going. Give out more info about writing to our representatives to make sure this bill passes #keep302alive

2. Great to hear another state possibly legalizing MMJ

It's such a buzz following all these updates

3. Sorry not from MD but I thought you guys already had MMJ? I thought it was just weird and you had to go to court first.. Am I wrong on this one? I don't exactly follow MD. Either way, good luck MD people. PS, Screw the Ravens, Steelers for life!

4. Keep trying.....sooner or later it will pass. People will eventually get tired of voting against it and just let it happen.

5. MOM will never sign this, he wants to make a run in 2016.

Also, why did the article shift focus towards synthetic weed/spice towards the end? Odd.

When did the steelers get knocked out of the playoffs again? What, they didn't make it? Shit, been too busy watching my team win the Super Bowl.

6. Xp.... well who has more?? Get on our level! :D As much as I don't like the Ravens, I am happy you beat those guys. Now we get to keep our title as the most super bowl wins!

7. Getting back to the subject, you need to encourage your politicians! Send them a letter every week! Promise to vote for any politician who supports legalization. Politicians are vote whores! ;)

Here are ALL of their addresses-

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Get busy! Or do you like paying $15 for a gram of easily grown, dried flowers?

Granny :wave:

8. Yahoo! Moco represent!

9. born and raised in frederick, can't wait til this passes

10. Hope they finally do it!!

11. All three members of District 11 of the Maryland House of Delegates have gotten back to me at this point.

I HIGHLY reccomend anyone in Maryland gets with the program and emails there reps. You can use NORML's prefab letter here.

12. That's awesome I did mine a few days ago. How long did it take for your replies??

13. Also from Maryland here! I just sent the emails out.

14. I sent the emails out on Jan 29th, I got the last responce back on Feb 7th.

Awesome! We need everyone to get behind this!

15. Ok I found out my district number 33a so hopefully I hear from some1 soon

16. I live here in Maryland, its awesome to hear this news. I'll send out my emails tomorrow. LEGALIZE IT! :smoking: :hello:

17. I sent my letter to the governor after the first round, I'll do this also this time around. It seems as though passing it isn't the issue, it appears we have the support to pass this in the statehouse and the support is there among Marylanders. Our only issue is O'Malley, he won't sign it into law because it would reduce federal aid to law enforcement. Don't quote me on that though.

18. Yep. He doesn't want to legalize because he's worried about how the rest of the country will look at him. :confused_2:

19. That's exactly the issue. Thank god this is his last year!