Marshydro 480W Bagseed closet grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newb92, Apr 28, 2016.

1. #61 Trich_holmes, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Ya wait a week or two and take clones also I'd release the LST and top it. It will force the side branching to stretch so you can have a handful of nice clones. You are correct about HiD and heat. Look at a Mars led. They're actually affordable. There also are some tent companies with smaller tents. Is 4ft your max head room?

2. image.png Check this out

3. It's a tad smaller than what ur working with but worth looking at. Could get one nice plant and an LED. With smaller veg times to keep them short you could get more grows in, in a year which makes up for smaller yields. Stick to indicas and this could def work

4. Yes 4ft is my max without having to take this permanent shelving out of my closet. And then would not be stealthy at all. Which is one of my main concerns.. Shoulda said that sooner. Lol

So if I'm only gonna be growing one plant do you still think I should clone it and pick the best one? Or grow this one out? Because I will top it and let get a little beefier and clone it if you think I could get a really nice plant from it ya know ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. That tent with the marshydro 600W should be a pretty nice gig I would imagine! Man I may have to do that. At the same time the other side of me wants to say screw it and take the shelving out the closet go big and do hps... Haha

But in reality I just need to go with the LED for a few grows and then if I want to upgrade I will

• Like Like x 1
  6. #66 Trich_holmes, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    If it was me I'd take clones and once I knew they rooted I would cull that one and start fresh, or keep it with the clones and flower it out with. That way you don't waste a few months flowering out a little plant that will just piss you off in the end. also when you pull a plant outta a cup just transplant no matter the size of a rootball. Never put it back in a cup because it will tell the plant to stay small. Sometimes when I pull mine out of cups most of the dirt falls off and there's barely even a root ball hanging bare. I just toss em in 5 gallons and within a few days they really take off.

7. Ok I see what your saying as too why take clones now. Because of putting it back into a cup. Hmm I want to do that but at the same time only 1 of my 5 clones made it and I'm thinking it might have been luck. Not 100% set on trying that agin yet lol so you go from a cup straight to a 5 gallon??

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ya from seed I go cup to pot. You tried cloning in soil right? That's tough to do if so. Ive never gotten it to work. Also you were using the Mg soil right? If so these were a lot of your issues with the clones. If it was me and I knew the plant wasn't gonna amount to much I would use it as a learning tool to work on your cloning skills. You could keep it alive in the space with the clones as long as you keep it in veg. Also that way you don't waste your flower space for next few months for one scrawny plant when you could have a few instead. Also clones grow bushier than the moms they come from, so they're easier to manage without training. I never train unless it's outdoor and I need to keep them to a certain height. Just my thoughts...good luck either way you choose!

9. Cloning in soil is not tough to do. It's the oldest most basic form of cloning. I have cloning buckets I don't even use.

10. Yeah I cloned in some jiffy cubes which are full of soil I'm guessing. From there I dropped them in MG which is what I think killed my other one. 3 of my last 5 didn't even grow roots. I need to get some rooting gel. I only have room to flower one plant too tho so if I did take clones i would just have to pick the best one or like mentioned, get a tent. I may take two clones off of it and see what happens. If they don't make it, scrawny plant is getting flowered out lol it must be the strain or my use of cfls but even this clone was not bushy AT ALL. Sucker wanted to shoot straight up right off the bat.

11. Send them my way then lol

12. I took clones up until week 3 of flower. Probably slowed her down a bit but now she's in production fully. My second plant had a small fan fall on it. Half the plant was near death. I took the dead looking half and replanted in soil. After 3 weeks it's finally back in veg. Stinky girl. The other half of the plant is primed to produce. Weird. Thought I killed it for sure. When I cleaned up the at the base of the plant, I took the small cuttings. Removed small leaves. Why are your plant twisted? Is it the CFls?

13. [​IMG]
    This I took off of the damaged plant. You can see the white pistils. It was flowering.

14. [​IMG]
    Here is a month after that first picture. I see green growth. Roots are good. Still very stinky.

15. [​IMG][​IMG]
    I used to watch my grandma do it in her veggie garden. People have been cloning in soil for generations. Way before cloning machines, bubble buckets, propagators etc

16. Yeah the current plant I'm debating what to do with is a clone I took from the stretchy and twisted plant. But yeah the mother plant got all screwed up because of insufficient lighting. Wasn't the cfls that did it but rather my knowledge on how to use them. They are had to use tho, at least for me they are a pain in the ass. The plan was to clone it and grow it out. But I think I will be cloning the clone here soon lol

17. Nice, that's cool stuff. I've seen that technique on here a few times, surely works great. I just cloned into MG. which was tough

18. There's your issue. Miracle grow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #79 Newb92, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    So I transplanted out of the solo cup into a 3 gallon smart pot where this girl will stay for the remainder. I'm gonna let her get bigger and then take a few clones then let her flower when the clones are ready to flower. 600W marshydro LED is being ordered tonight. So things should pick up from here on out! Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. You really set on LST eh?