Marshydro 480W Bagseed closet grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newb92, Apr 28, 2016.

1. My very first grow so sorry for any ignorance. I have one bagged seed that will be going into its 3rd week of flower. I can't even tell if the damn thing is male or female.. It's under 4 23w daylight cfls. The lights have never been more than 6inches away. It vegged for 48 days. I have been feeding her the fox farm trio in 1/3 doses and worked up to half doses now. Temps between 75-85. Humidity around 60%.

My problem is, as you can hopefully see in the pictures, that the stems are so long and skinny that they are wanting to twist upside down and let the plant hang. Also if possible to tell sex of plant from pictures that would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 100% female

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anddddddd there was another plant in there with it that ended up being a male and its pollen sacs opened up on this one. Just wondering any precautions to take on that

4. I don't know what to do about that.. Maybe spray the plant with water to wash off any pollen? Def get that male outta there and throw it in the garbage.

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And from what I think I have learned, this is the male plant I had to remove.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep it is.

7. Yeah, the grow was looking promising everything was going perfect until this last week. Thanks for the sex tho!

8. I'm 3 and a half weeks into my veg. any idea what sex she is?? 1461863798601-30367607.jpg 1461863903499-677405334.jpg

9. I'm not very experienced so hopefully someone else that is will come along and help ya. I do know that's a female though. And I think you will know if she was pollinated if those white hairs in your second pic change to a darker color.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Also, I want to take a few clones off of my girl. Would now (start of week 3 of flower) be an appropriate time to do so?

11. Awesome, any help is appreciated!

12. You definitely shoulda taken clones during veg.. But I think you still can, just might have a little slower growth in the beginning. At any rate if your gonna do it, do as soon as possible.

13. How can u tell? ? it's A female, and I. ly growing one plant , so don't think any pollen would be near

14. There was a male in there with it that I took out two days ago because the pollen sacs opened. I didn't realize it was male until this happened

15. Off of work today, looks like I just found something to do

16. oh ok, kool, never seen a plant bend and twist like dat

17. I wasn't talking about your plant. I was talking about OPs plant. Yours isn't showing sex yet.

18. I know, I've seen a lot of "help stop the stretch posts" but mine are like flipping upside down and shit.. Lol

19. You should either do some research on cloning flowering plants or wait for someone else's opinion before you do it. I'd hate to steer you in the wrong direction. I do think I've read that people do it though.