Mars hydro led

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jiaenz, Mar 22, 2016.

1. In a 3 by 3 tent .. Should i go with a mars hydro mars 2 700w or a 900w .. Is there a big difference between the mars hydro and mars hydro mars 2 series ? How much plants should i grow in this tent ?

2. In my opinion neither, the 700 and the 900 are better suited for evenly squared areas. I say that because of how the leds are arranged in the light its self and because they have both 90/120 degree beaming angles. So if you are trying to light 1 x 1 at the recommend distance, you will lose almost one half a foot of concentrated light at the recommended distance. Yes, you can move the light closer to your plant to not lose that light but then you will most likely heat your plant up to the point in which you will restrict a lot of photosynthesis from incurring. So from my personal experience the best lighting you can use a 3 x 3 when using mars anything, would be 4 x 300, or 4 x 48 reflectors, as they will give you the best light coverage for that size area. You could also use 2 x 600(s) too. As a side note, from my personal experiences, 4 x 300 grow bigger budding plants than one 700 in a 3 x 3, and 2 x 600 in a 3 x 3 grow area out performs a single 900, in the same sized area.