Mars hydro 600 watt led and mars hydro reflector 96

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Odizzle420-3, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Hey guys I just ordered a 600 watt mars hydro led and a Mars hydro reflector 96 does anybody have any experience with either of them? I didn't mean to buy both lol I'm hoping to use in a 4x3 area or so. I originally was just gonna order the 600 watt but then i but then I saw it didn't have ir So I ordered the reflector as we'll. Should I use both? Iv read some bad things now that I ordered them and im kinda scared. I read somewhere the 600 watt original is only good for veg. Please all the help and info as possible.

2. The problem is that it actually isnt a 600w fixture. I think its around 270-280watts and it will do well while you veg out your plants. Though It will only effectivly cover half of your growspace during flower, so maybe try to center your plants in a 2x2 or 2x2.5 square under your 2 panels once in flower. Or return the reflector, if u can, and grab another 600 to have decent coverage of your whole space during flower.
    Good luck

3. I was gonna either just use the 600 watt for vegging in a seperate closet and use the reflector to flower a couple plants in my room which is actually 3.5x3.5 or use them both centred over everything and flower 4 medium sized plants. I'm hoping to get a couple ounces off each plant. I don't think I can return anything I can try I guess. And the 600 watt is the original not the mars II you still think it will be ok for flowering? Even without the ir?

4. 4-6 medium sized plants of 3-4 ounces I mean** what do you think?? What do you use?

5. There are a lot of grows using the smaller white case 300 with decent results. So yeah, you will have some success flowering underneath it. Just have realistic expectations about the yield. Your not going to get 12-14 ozs off this setup. Slap a 1000 watt hps in there and you're on your way. I think one good size plant or 2 could get you from zero to 5 ounces? That's been my experience growing in soil under LED's. And you have to get a lot of things going in your favor to hit that high mark. Remember you don't want a tall ass plant.. You want a wide flat canopy so the LED is hitting more surface area.

I run a mars ll 400.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ya that all Sounds good to me. If I am able to do you think I should just return those both and go with one bigger reflector? Or a mars 400 or bigger?

7. I just ordered them yesterday and today and they have not been shipped so you would think they could change it.

8. Haha I'm a little all over the place but I ended up cancelling the reflector. So I just have the 600 watt original coming. So il either get a mars 2 400 to go with it or if I can return it il get a mars 2 700. I think that would be better. What you think? Or instead of a 600 watt and a mars 2 400 should I just go with two of the 600. Lol sorry

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. The reflector is 207 real watts and the 600 is 278 watts. You'd be better off with the bigger light in the bud room but this setup will kick the crap out of any cfl.

I don't know where you ordered but amazon has the mars 600 on special if you order 2 it's $310. I think 2 of those would fill your bud side of the tent great. You could use the reflector for veg. for now and add another small light to the veg room later like a mars 300.

My buddy uses a mars 1200 for bud and a combination of 4' cfl's and a mars 300 for veg. It works good.

galaxy hydro 300 on amazon has uv and ir lights for $99.

10. I think with led's you're better off with 2 smaller lights than one big one in a bud or veg room. They don't spread light as well as hps with hood reflectors so it helps to be able to spread the lights across a room instead of just having one centered.

11. Ya I'm on amazon but Canadian version I don't see that deal. I ended up returning the reflector and I might be able to return the 600. If I can return it I think I'm just gonna go with the mars2 700 and if I can't should I get another 600 or get a mars 2 400

12. You want two lights right? One for veg and one for bud? You're in a 4x3 area? Two 600's would completely fill that area with seriously bright light. It's nice to have a slightly larger light for bud but not necessary.

I don't want to talk bad about soil. Some people knock it out of the park but I went hydro and I'm so impressed I'll never go back. I have soil plants that are the exact same age as my hydro plants and they look like spindly sticks with 1/8 the mass of plant material.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would prefer just one light unless like your saying 2 would be better you think. I was only gonna get one then switched my mind as my budget increased lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1000w hps bro would have cost about the same im loving the results so far the plants really enjoy the high intensity, and im not stuck on ok i have veg covered.. now what to buy for flower type shit. peace, your gonna wanna buy something intense just watch when you get to almost being done vegging it.

15. The only problems with 1000watt hps is when the electric bill shows up and when the temp outside hits 100 and you can't keep your room cool enough. Other than that they kick ass but that $150 electric bill increase is hard to swallow and it just keeps happening month after month.

My buddy gets more yield in the same garden when he replaced a 1000watt hps with a 1200 marsII. I think it has a lot to do with his room is now manageable temp wise.

16. The mars 2 400 is a little less wattage but supposed to have a lot better penetration so that's why I was thinkin if I can't return the 600i I should just get one of the mars 2 40s to go with it. Sorry for confusing everyone I would rather have one light unless like your saying 2 might be better. I'm going with led just cause of the heat issue as we'll as the simplicity of it. So do you think I should just get another 600 or should I get a 600 and a mars 2 400 or should I go with two mars 2 400's? Or just a mars2 700?

17. If you get one light you'll be stuck vegging and budding with the same light and you'll have to wait 4 months between harvests. If you get two lights you can veg one and bud with the other harvesting every 2 months instead. Unless you're growing autoflowers get at least 2 lights.

18. also going with soil for cost and simplicity.

19. True I should just go with the 600 for vegging I guess and the mars 2 400 or mars 2 700 for budding. Thanks!!

20. HWC bubble bros 6 bucket hydro system with 951gpm air pump, air stones, tubing, 3.5gal black buckets, baskets, and plenty of orchid potting pellets for all 6 buckets. $109
    GH grow, micro, bloom nutrient setup $36 You never have to buy soil or change a pot again and your plants grow about 25-50% faster.