Mars hydro 1600 led in diy made grow room, Current adventure 3 fem mix seeds incl previous grows.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by euroguy1989, Mar 21, 2016.

1. [​IMG] atleast a qp one plant

hell yeah
    ........sounds about right

• Like Like x 1
  2. Na man as i said before im not trying to start shit haha and i am thankful but as i said to crankz i am between jobs and had plenty of cash when i was originally setting up in march, i know you said you had grew with soil so i never doubted you grew man there is just no way to change methods of grow right now i can afford small things but not a ro filter or awesome ph pen just yet.

I have another 15 import seeds on hand and most of the equipment including left over rock wool nutes and hydroton so fucking up a few times is ok its making a big change and spending more cash before i get a new job instead of using what i got would be insane. No respect intended my man i am thankful to uou every one else who has written on here. :)

The auto res controls sounds good though, deffs something i will look into once i have the funds!

Sent from my takee 1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Looks awesome man, hopefully my girls pick up growth like yours.

4. Yeah they are huge $$ mostly for commercial growers but it's out there. But I'm a pioneer I build my own shit using cheaper simpler technology I have wifi outlets that I can monitor from my phone using a wifi camera turn on a pump or a fan or off from anywhere I have cell service. It's available cheap to us but you have to put it together in series they work together. Plus you are the one in controll so monitoring is also key to this success. Rain water my friend is usually steady ph

hell yeah
    ........sounds about right

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Update.
    So nothing has really changed since adding more pumps. I do have two big 13 watts airpumps with 4 tubes each and 60 mm stones coming to my place later today. I will post more photos tomorrow if any changes at all.

The 3 seedling that I moved in have not really changed at all one has grown a new set of leaves I only think that is the case due to it being closer to my CFLs I have installed on the back wall. But it does look like the Mars led light is reaching them. Still real confused.

I am also planing to install another 1 or 2 intake fans later today. They are 100mm silent computer fans. I am really stumped and have no idea why there has been barely any growth.

[​IMG]
    A picture of my set up as it is at the moment.

[​IMG]
    This one is growing but growing very slowly what I have done now is lowered the water so only some of bottom of roots are being splashed by bubbles rather then 1/4 being submerged. Only done yesterday no noticeable changes as of yet. PH is still rising daily due to light getting in the bucket I believe but I check pH in all plants twice daily and correct if needed. Will be looking at light proofing this in the next few days.

And people may say it looks like mute burn, but that is from the DM liquid light and Saturator as the bottle has the wrong instruction's and website states half as liquid light then the bottle so I feel the leaves burned due to picking up way too much light thanks to the bottle. In any case I'm not too worried about that as I have corrected the problem.

[​IMG]
    This has barely grown. I have also flushed all 3 net cups yesterday to make sure there was no built up salts. PH barely raises a few points each day 5.5 as the buckets are mostly light proof now.

[​IMG]
    This one has deffs grown out of the 3 it has more leaves coming in now. Not sure if this because this plant is getting more light from the CFLs then the other 2?

[​IMG]

This one has barely grown

[​IMG]

Water level in the middle ones buckets as i read it was better to let the bubbles hit the net cup to tease the roots out rather then have it cover the bottom so the root it doesn't become too wet. The level is the same in all the other seedling buckets and ppm between 400 to 580 accross all 3.

[​IMG]

Only 1 intake fan it is a 100ml size computer fan, could this be a problem? I am thinking installing another one on the opposite side as the same height as well as 1 just below the CFLs later today.
    Would this work well at all or be too much air?

[​IMG]

My light distance is about 60 cm from the plants which was what was recommended by the sales girl who sold it to me. Is this right? The lights are off in this photo but as you can see above the light Reach's the plants. I have both the bloom and growth switchs on.

Any relevant comments or help would be greatly appreciated as something is stunting the growth and I'm trying everything I can but not much is changing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Update.

Its been months since I've posted here because the app stopped working on my phone alot has changed since last time i posted and i rather not rehash old stuff.

I rather start fresh, now my newer plants were all starting to stunt last time i posted from the shit buckets and lids. I ended up buying black buckets and making lids out of something else that was black which fixed my algie and light leaks. My older plant was too far gone by this stage and was tossed my new plants boomed back up and were growing well then i noticed what looked like nute burn some how Pythiam got onto my other plants roots which decimated my other plant with the light leaks.

I have a few theory's maybe an old airstone not cleaned properly or something else that may have been used on the old plant or even tap water. The nute burn was caused by a mix of pythiam and low humidity as it was in its mid 20's most of the time. This has now been corrected with a new humidifier and an extra air hose each from the old plant with new black hose and 100 ml airstones. Humidity now around the 40's most of the time.

In anycase about a month ago i bought my own 24lt water filter for relative cheap when i first noticed the black gunk which i started using straight away.

[​IMG]

2 weeks ago i purchase fongarid which has mostly got rid of the root gunk except for 1. I have so far used 2 g in 4lt top fed but my plants are still barely growing

[​IMG]

My plants as they are now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Far left plant
    No new burn and most of old damaged leaves have been removed, plant has been growing very slowly but the color is good foe new growth

[​IMG]

Roots as they are now, no signs of pythiam and plenty of new growth since adding both fongarid and nf root nector

[​IMG]

Middle plant
    Has not grown much at all since pythiam hit but has recovered from the nute burn issue that was being cause new growth color is looking better today but still has slight dark tinge and i still don't know what that means?

[​IMG]

Still has little bit of gunk in bottom part of roots but mostly healthy so far and expecting to disappear in the next few days.

[​IMG]

Far Right plant

[​IMG]

Another angle
    Now I'm worried most about this one today i have noticed some leaves turning white now its not mildew its definitely the color of the leaf changing most of the leaves were burned and i only could remove some of the worser ones or else i would have had to remove almost all growth.
    There is some areas where it looks healthy but im still doubtful it will make it.

[​IMG]

Roots are a perfect white with no sign of pythiam.

Now last res change was 2 weeks ago for the middle and far right in which i added minimal nutes of 30 ml to 10lts each with no add except Dutch master zone and then i added the fongarid after a few days i added the nf root nector which brought root growth back as the pythiam had stripped most the roots.
    The far left had the same added except was changed to today i added even 46 mls of nutes and my add's again at low amounts.

Those adds being DM zone, DM add 2.7, DM silicia, nf root nector. Ppm has been measured at 975.

Any useful comments or tips would be much appreciated and i will update again soon with more changes if any in next few days.

7. Update.

New plan care of my local hydro shop guy, he explained that once a plant has been stunted or had to fight off a pest like pythiam the plant can slip into a dormant mode and is very hard to bring it back out of.
    He noted that color has returned to my plants and i have plenty of new root growth and for this reason he thinks i should double the dose of nf root nector for all plants and then put into bloom if no plant growth after a week as bloom will force plant growth and still will bring me some yield.

So this is my new plan, i just thought i would note this for anyone else who may have had these issues and have searched the internet for hours prowling for info.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I might try raising the PH. Calcium doesn't absorb well at too low of or high of a ph I run in the mid to high 6's in DWC. Try 6.4 and see what the plants think?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aw wow, I haven't heard of anyone is the mid 6's in dwc! I'm not hating I'm just curious have you got a journal or pics of your plants?

So do you think its calcium stunting the growth? I thought they may be stuck in a dormant stage since the pythiam had infected them.
    I was planning to switch to flower in about 5 days if no new top growth on them.

10. I would water change with a ph to 6.4, spray the roots down with h2o2, add all your nutrients, add hydroguard if you can get it or real growers recharge. I've heard that calcium can't absorb well below 5.5. You may be walking the line. I do grow at mid to high 6's.
    First Grow: Doing it right the first time...

[​IMG]

11. #113 Tbone Shuffle, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    The cool thing about dwc is you can change it back after a day or two if it has negative effect. I had the start of a little root rot on one plant this go round. Some hydroguard therapy every water change, spraying the roots with standard 3% h2o2 did the trick for me in about a week.

I do weekly water changes and people don't like that either. Some people never change their DWC water. I always get a happy response from my plants when I do.

DWC water is much like a fish tank. You have to get a balanced flora in there keeping it healthy of the right bacteria, fungus, ect. If it gets out of balance the plants suffer. Once it get it in balance it seems to stay there unless you have air or temp problems until the end of the crop.

I would also say don't be afraid to cut a really slimy spot off. They grow new healthy roots to replace them.

I don't know if it's the pictures or what but your water looks really foamy. Mine is not like that. The bubbles pop. When I start getting foam on the water it's usually when the plant starts looking droopy and I change it. I also run my water level about 2" below the bottom of the net pot. I was told the bubbles should pop and wet the medium.

Just looking through your pictures it looks to me like you burned them pretty good with too much fertilizer early on and they've made a slow recovery. The damage caused them to get a little weak and fall into root rot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the info man your plant looks real nice but I've been keeping it around 5.9 still i have let them float up to 6.2 over a few days though but i was letting that happen already. They have came back and started growing again real fast. It wasn't from too much nutes that caused nute burn or root rot i feel i have finally got the veg stage right or at least my version of doing it.
    If you read through the posts you will see at one stage shortly after starting these in a separate area they were transported to white buckets and stopped growing but they were moved to black buckets a week after the middle one was in for a week or two longer.

Literally fucked my plants in those buckets, they probably had early stages of rot when i moved them then that caused the burn, combined with low humidity.
    A humidifier to have a constant 35 to 55% humidity and turns off when my light does, the fongarid which has wiped out the rot and the nf root nector which has doubled the size of the roots since the rot left.
    With all of that i have fixed all those different areas up they are picking up now.

I would post pictures and a proper update but im using Firefox on my phone because the app is fucked yet again :s

And in regards to hydroguard it costs more for postage then the actual product in my country :(

13. Update
    Sorry for not updating sooner people, the app is still broken and it was a pain just to get the photos up here on my laptop, I am starting a new job tomorrow so I will be checking my plants a lot less from tomorrow but everything has picked up thus far since last time I post photos and for anyone who might be lurking will notice how big the change is.

I now document everything I do inbetween res changes on my notepad, all nutes, liters, addictives. Etc
    It has helped my life greatly so I will leave some numbers to the sides of each plants photos for any new growers who might learn from my mistakes. And before anyone notes anything about the foam all 3 plants had there res changed in the last 3 days and that is actually for the fongarid that was added.

IMG_20161002_192457.jpg
    IMG_20161002_192508.jpg
    IMG_20161002_192526.jpg

Now first up we have the left plant!
    This plant has taken off since being sick and since I've last post photo as can be seen both on the top and the root growth below. Fongarid has been added again tonight hence the foam.

Previous Res change 05/09
    Previous PPM 956
    Previous Res change 18/09
    Previous PPM 1106, A little nute burn for a day or so, but 3-4 liters of ro water added and changed too on 25/09 bringing it back to 896
    Current Res change 30/09
    Current PPM 804 More initial water then last time and slightly less nutes and additives, Going well

Plant has been fimmed and lst multiple times during grow trying to get new heads to reaches like a crown in all directions before I hit flower which I feel I am close to achieving. The plant is trimmed often to increase airflow and light penetration I plant to leave it for the next week to grow all bushy then I will trim and tie down with new hooks until all heads are level. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

IMG_20161002_192541.jpg IMG_20161002_192554.jpg
    The Middle Plant.
    Nothing really special of note except it is spread out in the way of I initially wanted all the plants tie down. plant to keep lsting and fimming until entire is is covered.
    I really dont see the point to date all the res changes in the last month like the last plant so I will just note the current.

Previous Res change 20/09
    Previous PPM 745
    Current Res Change 1/10
    Current PPM 757 If more nutes are needed I will add in next week as is I feel ppm is sufficient.

I haven't add much more nutes then last change as I am worried that it might get nute burn like the left plant but I have noticed the plants will tell you if they are hungry via color and I can see that new growth is light green but since res change they have actually darkened again which is good.

IMG_20161002_192612.jpg IMG_20161002_192621.jpg
    The right plant!
    This one has came back great and I have the same plan to lst and fim once the stems are a bit longer and to cover the whole lid. In the last 7 days since I trimmed it to its current form the plant has taken off. I am real happy with the progress on this.

Previous Res change 22/09
    Previous PPM 592
    Current Res Change 2/10
    Current PPM 720

So these are my plants, I would love both tips/comments and I will reply but I will not leaving another update with photos for at least a week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Update,
    So it has been a week since my last update, my plants are going well. I lsted the plants and colas I could today before the week starts again. I plant to change the res next weekend, a few times this week including today I have added 2 fresh litres to the res of both the left and middle plant when needed but as can be seen by the below photo I have a handle on things now.
    IMG_20161009_161710.jpg

I have a lot of vertical room so I plan to just the fill the lid in a complete circle via lst then let the colas grow out much higher as I have plenty of room to raise my light. I love the idea of defoliation just prior to switching to flower.

Left 12 liters
    Current PH 5.7 / Current PPM 706

Middle 11 liters
    Current PH 5.4 / Current PPM 520

Right 11 liters
    PH / PPM No change / Nothing added

Will add a more detailed update after res change next week.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Small update:
    The stupid app is still being shitty but I have managed to upload one photo I took today. IMG_20161110_191509.jpg Clearly ma gals look awesome compared to the other pictures I will do a proper update soon when I can be bothered using my laptop.
    Thinking of putting my plants into bloom soon, I have quite a bit of vertical room and want to use as much of it as I can.

I would love input on this, I am not sure how far these 3 will stretch as they are from random fem mix I got online. I wanted a surprise haha. Any ideas on when I should hit the switch?
    If no one writes back, all good i will still leave another update over the weekend

16. I'm new to hydro so I can't say for sure how this works, since in soil I would usually leave them rootbound to avoid oversizing the plants for a small space. When you do this, they don't stretch more than a few inches in flower, there's hardly any leg room.

My experience with LED has shown that even when you up-pot before switching to flower, they are noticeably shrubbier plants than the same strain grown under HPS which seems to be associated with crazy flower stretch.

17. Update. CBF going on a computer to give an update, I am going to just put these photos up and leave it at that.

Way too much growth gonna change to flower in the next week. IMG_20161118_195058.jpg IMG_20161118_194111.jpg IMG_20161118_194135.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. "too much growth" sounds like an awesome problem to have :3

• Like Like x 1