Mars hydro 1600 led in diy made grow room, Current adventure 3 fem mix seeds incl previous grows.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by euroguy1989, Mar 21, 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I'm not familiar with your nutes at all but they seem to be making some serious slime in your buckets. Are any of them organic or contain organic ingredients(like fish or plant material)? 2 or 3 layers of duct tape should make it light proof. I went and bought a couple windshield reflector things and cut them to fit around my buckets. Keeps them insulated and in the dark you're ph should be about 5.7ish so you got that down and I think EC is another way of measuring ppms so don't worry about that. Your net pot needs a lot more holes too like all around the bottom half atleast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. As for the air pumps. The bigger the better. I have 2 or 3 of those small air pumps in each of my buckets that works fine but if you can get a legit one go for it if not just get more small ones

• Like Like x 1
  3. I will definitely look at doing this but are these instructions for strictly soil based or could this work in dwc?

Sent from my takee 1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. To be honest with slime looking stuff that's only been happening since ive been adding Dutch master silica which is separate to there veg nutes. I think that stuff is the silicon bubbling up?

And Dutch master is British and the ingredients are sourced in Australia which usually means it will be high quality, it saids nothing about it being organic just a bunch of chemicals on that back?

In regards to the airpumps I am gonna up them to 2 per bucket now and am ordering this one today

Look at this on eBay Aqua Aquarium Air Pump Oxygen Fountain Pond Marine Water Fish Tank 4 Outlet

And in regards to the lids I will covering the lids in duck tape after I add the pumps :)

5. And in regards to the netcup do you mean the big one or the small one?

I didn't know weather I should do more holes or not yet. Do you think I will damage the plant if I drill a few small holes?
    @capt.murphy

6. Hey
    I just checked it
    It said ppm of 128 for the big one and 998 for the one of the small ones. Does that mean that 128 means there is much nutes in the water?

7. Has the meter been calibrated ?

hell yeah
    ........sounds about right

• Like Like x 1
  8. There is no way to Calibrate this pen it says it was calibrated in the factory. It didn't come with a little screw driver or anything?

[​IMG]

So is 128 low on nutes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  10. I even checked the web to see more about ppm and Dutch master let's you put all your nutes in a calculator with estimated grow time

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are you forgetting about the x10 symbol?
    I'll bet it's actually 1280 ppm

12. And.... You were right haha.

I just checked I thought it was maybe it was low. How often do change the water in your res?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm rdwc. My reservoirs are constantly kept at level via float valves connected to RO tanks.
    I don't change my water out. I monitor uptake and dose my reses accordingly. Only time I'd dump my system is if there was a problem, or when it's time to flush.

• Like Like x 1
  14. How often do you have to test the reservoir and add nutes I wanna learn more about a self sustainable system. Basically you have a reservoir like a toilet tank? It self fills from a ro system which I don't have......I have a well my pH is usually 7. How would you suggest I build this?

hell yeah

15. I'll check pH and ppm's every other day or so. Most times I just look in at the plants. If they look happy, the res is pry fine. I'll dose it up after ppm's fall 100 or so.
    For a lack of a better analogy, it's simmilar to a toilet tank.
    If you find yourself with some spare time, you're more than welcome to read about my junk in my thread. It's gotten kinda long though... My systems gotta be somewhere in the first 100 pages though. Might give ya some ideas.
    crankz's corner

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks man I'm going to learn using strawberries. My wife loves them I read up on it but like to see things in action to get better idea

hell yeah

17. #78 euroguy1989, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Update

So this is what I did I now have 6 pumps in total with 7 tubes 6 ordinary air stones one 80 cm

I have two tubes with regular air stones in the small plants buckets and 3 tubes 2 regular air stones 1 80 cm in the big plants bucket.

I have also bought airpump in the link below and will be ordering another small silent airpump with two tubes like one of the ones I already have as it works well. I will be also ordering 6 80 mm airstones.

Look at this on eBay Aqua Aquarium Air Pump Oxygen Fountain Pond Marine Water Fish Tank 4 Outlet

I have also added about 12 holes to the bottom and the sides of the big plants basket as it isn't a net cup. My smaller net cups have small holes all over the sides and bottom.

I have also added my 2x24 watt CFLs just for a bit of side light.

I have yet to cover the lids with anything yet I was thinking of using a black garbage bag and using duck tape to cover the top as I'm low on duck tape and hate the feeling of tin foil.

My next move after that will be moving the next 3 in the grow area once I have the new airpumps.

[​IMG]

I will take another photo tomorrow if there are any noticeable changes.

[​IMG]

Just a photo of the new 3 under my 2x54 watt t5, they seem to be growing well :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Awesome

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  19. Did you get a basic run through with crankz today?

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1