Mars hydro 1600 led in diy made grow room, Current adventure 3 fem mix seeds incl previous grows.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by euroguy1989, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Most issues in hydro usually are related to root problems then pH issues, root health is important, what supplements are you using for the roots? This my current grow, the front left is 25 days, Roots sups used are H&G Roots Excelurator (expensive shit) AN Voodoo and SilicaBlast.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Those look real good, are they top feed?

What do you mean root supplements? I have nutrients and they are Dutch master one for grow and one for flower.
    I didnt know I need supplements as well?

This is good though this is stuff I need to hear, any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just finished my dwc and have filled the water with 2.5 ml of nutes per litre instead of 8 as I still have some borderline seedlings with a pH level of 5.8.

I have plastic plates around my two oldest plants too because they are covered in algie and I was told to block the light. The first two in oversized rock wool cubes so they haven't been as easy to keep at good water level compared to my new ones I am just hoping the rocl wool will dry out and the roots will just take from the reservoir.

Here are some photos of the new set up [​IMG]

Sent from my takee 1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I am also in the process of building a whole new grow room and plan to use more then one tub once I have the room too.

Sent from my takee 1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #24 euroguy1989, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    New update! EDIT THE APP IS NOT WORKING SO NEW PHOTOS WILL BE ADDED ONCE WORKING AGAIN.

So its been a few days since my last post.
    First off my two oldest plants which are LSD auto, the one that was doing bad is now doing well and the healthy one is now doing bad.
    As for the younger auto lsd it seems to be better then both older ones as they are doing great. The other 4 (random may be bag seed may THC snow well two I think anyway) are doing beautifully for some reason my healthy clone looks pretty dead so I have kinda given up hope.

My light schedule is still 20 hours on 4hours off, my water pH level seems to raising by about 1.5 a day so I have been getting it too about 5.1 each day as it raises I have about 20 litres in my bucket and am adding about 6 - 8 litres of pH corrected water and 8ml of Dutchmaster grow a day too as I have leakage.

I am looking at buying new equipment for a new area next week so my plants can reach then full potential. Can anyone suggest good brands for led that 1000 to 1600 watts with a true wattage no more highee then 600 watt.

I have been looking at the mars hydro 1200 as well as the Royal led 1600 bloom.
    eBay
    eBay

5. #25 mr.florista, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    I only top feed until the roots have enter the reservoir, I start out with Rhino Skin or SilicaBlast, these inoculate the roots and protect them from issues such as high water temps and room temps, Voodoo Juice or HydroGuard add beneficial microbes not present because few to none are present in water unlike soil. I've used both the Botanicare and presently using the AN products with the H&G roots Excelurator. I keep the pH to around 6.0 and that's about it! I also mainline or manifold my plants to maximize room and light. Here is a link to last years grow journal on mainlining/manifolding. I run 2 300 watt older mars (3w) with a 600 watt HPS, and have great results with this combination, so I can't speak to the newer LED lights. Keeping light off the roots is most important as well a heat from the lights beaming down on the pot covers.
    Classic Grow Fall 2015 Acapulco Gold, Maui Waui w/main-lining

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wow so you use a ph of 6.0 for hydro?

I'm not criticising you I am new at this most places and posts I've read say 5.5 to 6.0 like my nutes bottle and some people go as low as 5.0 I'm just curious. And I had a look at your grow you had a really yield so I would love to know all you can tell me.

I am looking at buying all new things next week if you saw what I wrote earlier when I have the money too, that includes beneficial products to roots, new nutes because I'm running out each day with the leakage from where the wholes are for the air tubes for my pump which are taped up from silver tape, new lights for a bigger grow area, a carbon filter fan, I need new buckets as I have 6 plants and e are autos so I want to put them one new big one and the same with the others to maximise room and because they are meant to be done in a month or so I have no idea when they are gonna start flowering especially the older ones.

So yeah I have a few problems I needs to work out for my next step at but I will definitely have the money next week too so any helpful suggestions or knowledge would be awesome from you or anyone else.

In any case my biggest problem still is choosing the new lights as they are the most expensive and hardest to return :s

7. Update with pictures

One of my plants had a goopy shit on the roots I cleaned it off I heard its from the temps in my dwc is causing this so I have started putting ice packs it medium also got soaked so the plants were over watered for a few days but are starting to come back up now

I am looking at building a whole new area just for flower in the next few days will post more photos then. Here are some current photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clearly some good looking ones and some bad looking one but I feel once I have a bigger area and more buckets it will get easier.

8. Updates with pictures

I have ordered my new lights which are Mars 2 1600 and I have bought a carbon filter fan and am preparing to build the new area.

My plants are doing super well most have just about doubled in size. Here are pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. #29 euroguy1989, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Big updates with pictures.

I tried a few different things today I pulled my clone because it was deffs dead almost about to do it to the other old auto too but the rest are going beautiful

THC ice fimed with scissors today
    [​IMG]

Auto LSD fimed by being pinched by mistake but I feel there is plenty of time to recover still

[​IMG]

Bag seed topped today is growing what looks like bud at top not sure if that means male or her as lights are still 18 hours
    [​IMG]

Thc snow fimed with scissors today
    [​IMG]

Oldest auto LSD I started LST training it today
    [​IMG]

10. #30 euroguy1989, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Update building new area just thought I would update some new photos on my progress it was way too high at first it was 2.2 metres now down to 1.7 which is slightly shorter then my current area but it is much wider.

Putting the rest together tomorrow. Here's some photos of my old grow area and what will be the new one will post pictures of plants later

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The closet was too big for the back area on my balcony and kinda just took more room then it should of.
    Old set up one bucket 5 plants one 3 watt airpump dual tubes sunspect full spectrum 600 watt (no idea about true watts) 2 24 watt CFLs 1 intake fan 3 out take

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new place being built is a work of art if I do say so myself new setup
    5 individual slim buckets with 5 - 8 hooks around the net cup to tie the plants
    3 new silent single tube airpumps
    2 new 40 mls fans
    1 new 150 ml carbon filter and fan
    1 new Mars 2 1600 bloom switch (735 true watts)

I feel my new area will be much better then my old area i wanted to keep it for a veg /clone area but I don't know what to do with it the whole reason we cut the new area down shorter because I shit myself and two closets on a city balcony looks way more suspicious then just one.
    I'm thinking about cutting it down and just salvaging the silver foam and other fans.

I cant state this enough this is just a medical grow nothing else and will be happy to stop once its legal in my part of the world, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated :)

11. Update on new area.

I completely stripped the old area surprisingly all the foam fit most the area with using much else.

[​IMG]

As you can its is diy to a motherfucker, very proud of what we did

[​IMG]

Just a top shot

[​IMG]

The inside has a ways to go currently still have my small led and old bucket as we need to reinforce the top because my new light weights 15 kg and my carbon filter feels about 10 kg so am reinforcing top with one of the doors of the closet and using other part to make reinforcements inside. That and the hardware store didn't have ideal buckets as I will be using one for each plant. I was able to get hooks for the lights and hooks for the buckets so the plants can LST even better with topping and fimming minus the autos for topping and fimming. No intake or outtake fans installed as of yet but I was thinking that its fine as its only just the small led in a bigger area with no substitute lights as I will finish the area off within the few days.

[​IMG]

This is my new light its looks like a beast I'm kind of worried about power because it uses 730 true watts of power but a fridge is apparently is over 800 an Xbox can be up to 300 watts and my TV is about 180 so really it won't amount too much as long I flip to 12 hours but I still want my girls to bush out heaps once they move to there permanent home.

Feedback would be appreciated if not I will keep posting anyway lol

12. #32 euroguy1989, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Update with photos I have yet to install the new intake fans and outtake carbon filter which will be done today with the new light will post updated photos later tonight and will me moving to individual buckets just waiting on more air pumps from ebay but....
    I am having issues with the plants now they look like they are getting sick they were outside on the balcony for about 2 hours while building the new area they also got a little saw dust on them when cutting new area to be shorter but has been wiped off them all were fine and growing well prior to moving out of stealth closest. I am really hoping that the newer auto doesn't die as that was growing really well but it has been effected the most but some of the others are starting to follow. Here are some photos

[​IMG]

Currently have the door open a tiny bit while lights on as no fans installed yet.
    And those are the buckets I will be using once my airpumps arrive.

[​IMG]

My newer LSD auto has started to discolor and the leafs look less full as well starting to droop down

[​IMG]
    Thc snow
    This was my biggest plant and it is starting to droop discolor and look less full like the other one

[​IMG]

Just a look at the first twos roots THC snow closest to camera.

[​IMG]
    My other THC snow looking a lot better then the other but starting to droop

[​IMG]
    My bag seed plant looks pretty much fine not much growth but my new light will fix that once installed

[​IMG]
    My oldest auto looks mostly fine but a little droopy.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Are they just in shock a little bit or?

If no one answers I will still update on my progress as it helps me in future and probably other people on here to write down my mistakes.

13. New update

From what I have read its most likely root rot from lack of oxygen as I have a 2 watt air pump with duel tubes for a 60 litre box and 5 plants so I just bought 2 instead of wait for the others from eBay to reduce damage I will be placing them all in buckets today and rotating each plant to bucket with no water every few hours until my other pumps arrive as I read this is fine. Doing this all today will post pictures with progress made!

14. Big update all new place has been finished and is a work of art if I say so myself and my plants are starting to perk back up

Photos down below

[​IMG]

Hardly any light penetration when closed but a lot when opened at night which is currently so I just took a few sneaky ones will take more tomorrow

[​IMG]

My plants now individual buckets only 4 air pumps will be rotating plants to empty bucket so all get some water time til my new airpumps come from eBay

[​IMG]
    My 150 mil carbon filter and fan sitting on a makeshift shelf still need to put remaining silver foam on walls as some were needed to be removed so other things would fit betters

What do you guys think? I have big plans for my new area I will let the plants bush out for 2-4 more weeks then flip to 12 hours.

I have some questions for anyone who has used Mars lights with switch's is it normal to use both bloom and growth at the same time for veg and flower stages?
    Or just each respective switch for each stage?

15. Another update with photos

So for some reason the light looks like it is changing between white and purple from outside if you look some of the previous and current photos but I saw my chance to take more as white does not look as bad as purple spread out on my balcony
    Any input or general comments would be much appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I don't know how i have had 800 views and no one told me that the plants that are budding already are the autos, I only just figure this out as I was about to fim and looked up fimming preflower/buds during veg stage but the info was non existent.

The seeds I bought were meant to be 5 LSD fem auto with 10 free THC snow seeds but were not labeled it looks like they have sent 10 autos and 5 THC snow instead so annoyed at this.

So I have now changed 2 buckets to Dutch master gold veg nutes and 2 buckets as Dutch master gold flower nutes and will be rotating the autos in an empty bucket til I get my new air pumps then I'm gonna put extra ones in the veg buckets as well.

This sets me back as the 3 plants I thought were photo are actually auto and way smaller because I fimed and topped them but at least I know the other two are THC snow and I will be able to clone if female I would of both fimmed and topped them if I knew other wise though.

I now will be placing my lights on bloom for 8-6 hours a day with growth switch on for continuous 18 hours to increase yield

17. So i have thought about it and I will be starting 4 new autos on Sunday and be keeping them under a t5 for a week then in netcups under my main light then I will harvest the other 3 autos as they won't grow much bigger and its a waste of space waiting more then another 2 weeks in the buckets.

I will then have 4 autos and 2 photo plants in veg unsure if female or not yet but will give those 2 enough time til the new auto plants I plan to germ start to bud I have also just bought a 10 seed fem mix which come with 5 free critcal seeds and 3 g13 fem seeds.

So I will use all my remaining imported seeds and still think of it as my first run then start fresh in 2 -3 months when I harvest the 4 autos

Will update with pictures of grow in the next day or so

18. Update geminating 2 more LSD autos least I know which they are this time should be a smoother grow

[​IMG]
    I'm planning to make a new bucket and pull one of the old plants because I know I can make em 3 x the size now that I know what I'm doing planning to move to dwc as within a few days if I get good growth as I read that with autos the roots mainly grow in first few weeks so they need to already be somewhere big

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gonna keep these 3 as they are already budding one looks especially good but will harvest earlier if I need space.

[​IMG]
    This one is still looking good will be deffs keeping this.

[​IMG]
    I'm giving this until the new ones need the space

[​IMG]
    New bucket

Will update in coming days when I see growth

19. Update so my two seeds have now germinated, I did it straight in a rapid rooter in hydroton in a net cup I don't know why more people don't recommend this way as this is what the seed website says.

So I ended up pulling the small THC snow to make room and giving its bucket to one of the autos I have also received all my air pumps. I might need a bit of help with when to harvest the old autos as they germed weeks apart

[​IMG]

I am currently moving the one on the left to my dwc bucket and leaving the one on the right til tomorrow then moving it into a bucket just o experiment with what works better with autos as the one on the right is only a few hours behind its sister.

[​IMG]

I put a empty net cup in first just to make sure the very bottom of cup has water and bubbles so it doesn't touch the rooter. Using very weak mutes using 5ml from both Dutch master gold grow a and b an 5 ml of silicia.

[​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

Probs got the longest out of the old autos

[​IMG]

A few amber hairs not sure how long this one has not really much on it though.

[​IMG]

Best so far no amber hair really yet

[​IMG]

Old THC snow I am gonna leave in veg and keep shaping til I run through the rest of my auto seeds then take clones and put in flower pretty sure its a girl it has pistons.

Any comments would be appreciated, especially if they are related to when to harvest

20. Update: so I just thought I would let people know where I'm at even if no one else is watching it helps me to note it down.
    I have had a bunch of nutes arrive I now have Dutch master zone, Dutch master liquid light and Saturator as far as pH fluctuations it seems to now be stead with the zone it the water. I have only just started using the light and Saturator which goes in a misting bottle it is meant to help the plants absorb the light and nutrients 5 x better will post more pictures in a week if I can see visible results from the new products.
    I ended up leaving my other new auto under the t5 til just now and have moved to the dwc bucket it's looking better then its sister that was moved there earlier only because it was more regularly watered as it was inside.

I have ordered 20x magnified glasses which should be here soon as I'm unsure when to harvest what I have so can start new auto seeds as I know these new ones and the ungerminated ones will be much bigger then the older one that and my thc snow should be huge once I finish all the auto seeds then I will take clones from that and switch to flower for the THC snow.

[​IMG]
    The other new auto that was left under the t5 I only to moved to dwc today. Looking healthy as.

[​IMG]
    first new auto moved to dwc, hasn't done well as the roots still don't reach the bottom of the cup and it has got a bit a dry a few times as only check my grow area twice a day

[​IMG]
    Small heads

[​IMG]

Even smaller heads

[​IMG]

A few junky buds

[​IMG]

Thc snow, Will leave in veg til I run through all my remaining auto seeds then I will take clones as its a girl