marriage proposal question ONLY a seasoned grower can answer! Please!!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by VisineRocks, Sep 2, 2011.

1. So im on my first grow and the white hairs on my tops are starting to become dome shaped and their all about the size of a nickel.

So heres where you can help me with my "marriage proposal" Honestly we got married a few years ago but we were young and had to do it fast because of legal coplications..court house.

But we have always talked about getting a real church wedding with pichures and everything for our daughter and more memories for us when were old and decrepid.

Heres my thought. If i were to sterlize an engagement ring. slip it over the top cola right now while their is still time and left it between two nodes (NOTE: The top cola is going to be awesome it has like 8 dome shaped white hairs less tham a 1/2 inch apart going down almost 8 inchs)

So if i rested the gold ring between two nodes would bud form around it and consumer it? Then when its all done and she eventually breaks that bud open she will find it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Omfg that is THE best idea ever on GC

3. Thank you. But will it work?

4. proposing through the use of marijuana.

Respect.

5. dude, you are awesome. i hope my future husband thinks of something this amazing. as a matter of fact, i might just link this over to my boyfriend now, he would love this idea as well.

i am not an experienced enough grower to answer your question, but someone will roll through here eventually that will be able to help you out.

seriously though, that is a great idea :)

6. You know thats funny i did the exact same thing.....kidding, kidding. I think you might be a pioneer with this one so who knows if it'll work, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Only one way to find out. My wife wouldn't appreciate what a brilliant idea this is, maybe yours would. I say try it, and I want to see pics.

7. I'm going to try it. I hope it works. All my tops are beautiful. Ill have to do it on the side of the plant though. We are both in there daily and i cant hid the top of it. I'm however sure she won't notice it on the side. unless i ask shes never in their without me.

Thanks for you comments. I know she will love it. She loves the ganja. Consider this a crazy weekly up date from 2 weeks into flowering proposal journl type thing haha.
    I'll post pics of the plant in a bit.

8. good luck with this romantic and unique experiment.
    if/when the time comes for a proposal from my man, i'm gonna have him PM you on here to ask how it went. he's a member on here too lol.

as a matter of fact, today is our five year anniversary :)

9. If it is positioned high enough into the cola where the nodes are close together it will and you get the ring under the flowers it will grow over it, no problem. Make sure you label it for good measure. i know how pot heads are....:confused:

10. yea, why wouldnt it work? ya know, theyll just grow around it, and eventually cover it completely. lol. its gonna be a gold mine of love. lol

11. Hahah until she tosses the nug into the magic bullet :p

12. Or throws it in the grinder!

13. I'm on the other side of the spectrum. Your "grow ring" idea might work, but I wouldn't do it. My advice: don't make loving MJ the central theme of your life together. You said yourself you want to do it up for the sake of memories, do you really think when you are celebrating your 50th anniversary that the ring-in-MJ-bud idea will sound as good? You want to have pictures to show your kids, don't you think they will ask how you proposed?

Give her the ring in a real storybook romantic way that you can tell everyone about the rest of your life. Get good and stoned the night you do it if you want, but keep the event itself about the two of you, not about MJ.

14. #14 shug_knight, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Great advice

15. #15 smokin5280, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I agree here, remember bro...this is ALL about her. Stick to something that she can tell everyone about cuz you know she will.

Plus, thats gonna be a sticky ass ring to clean!

16. Damn party pooper! I guess I kinda agree, BUT this is also a genius idea!
    You know its people like this that need to change their way of thinking. Why agree with people who are ignorant about marijuana? It makes me think you believe MJ is evil, and shouldn't be spoken about. It is a medicine, it saves peoples lives. The world is changing and we can be a part of it, as long as we BELIEVE that it is right thing. In that sense, you should be proud to tell your grandkids!(responsibly)

Sorry, back to the ring idea. I think its an awesome idea and shows that you think outside the box. You could spend plenty of time trying to come up with some lame idea that thousands of guys have already done. Or you could be original. Don't let people stop you from doing the unique creative ideas you come up with. That mind is a gift!

If you think it is something that you guys will cherish, then I say GO FOR IT!!!

P.S. Sure certain people in life shouldn't hear the real story, but is it so bad to change the story slightly? It was grown in a rose bush........

17. I'm ignorant about MJ and think it's evil? Yeah, that's why I have over 12,000 posts helping people to grow it... :rolleyes:

I also didn't see the OP saying anything about being a medical user, so what does your opinion that it is "medicine" have to do with anything?

18. It all depends on your outlook of MJ. Well your mates. If your wife nad you had a passion for making wine and you corked a special bottle of wine. Took her out one night and had her pop the corck off and under the cork is a ring then you got on your knees and said w/e. Romantic no?

Sam way with MJ not only does it make both of us happy its also more medical than anyother product on earth, We didn't smoke b4 we got married but now she loves it more than me lol. So in point i can't see how it would fail.

• Like Like x 1

19. This.
    Marijuana is relevant to their relationship.
    And I'm sure the happy couple growing a lot of weed doesn't mind that their children are exposed to the herb...

20. yea man. look at these guys, trying to tell you how to propose to your own girl. do it your way man. and do it the first way you thought of. its going to be unique. its going to be your own. and its going to be special. this will be a precious memory for you and her.

you dont want to wake up in the future regretting that you didnt put the ring on the bud. so id say do it. screw being like the OTHER GUY. and be your own guy. a mans man.