marlboro "special blend"

Discussion in 'General' started by pawlywog, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Just a little clue from the box name, and from what a few buddies say at phil mor, "special blend" is the left over scraps of tobacco they couldn't use for their retail smoke.

2. MAYBE ITS AN OMEN to quit

3. Mediums are my favorite cigarette

4. I decided yesterday id quit again, so i charged up my electric cigarettes. I won a bunch in contests awhile ago, i quit once. Hopefully this time for good.

5. i used to smoke marb reds wen i was on probation but now im off so i jus stick to pot. but if i buy a pack its gona be reds

6. Wouldn't really bother me in general if all cigarettes were discontinued even though I smoke a pack from time to time. Just wouldn't bother me if they were gone because of all the health problems they cause. You can still buy pure tobacco cigarettes.

7. I dont really understand how they're misleading. Ultra lights taste like burning shit, and lights taste godly. Everything else marb makes besides menthol smooths are decent I guess

8. camel lights! fuck marlboroooooooooo :)

9. Special blends taste just like mediums BEFORE they went firesafe.

like, really. that's exactly what they taste like.

I'm a tobacco aficionado, and that's exactly how and WHY they were produced.

ALSO, "Light" and "medium" cigarettes, aren't being discontinued, they are forced to change their name, because it's "misleading"

10. Are you against personal choice to smoke cigarettes as well? Nothing should be banned, for any reason. EVER.

I should be able to walk down to the corner store and buy a point of some hero if I wanted to.

11. yeah lol was buggn on those camels

12. I use to smoke marlboro lights (though we call them golds), but now I roll my own smokes because tobacco is taxed horribly here.. about $10 for a pack (in Australia).
    It's so much cheaper to roll them, and I really enjoy what I smoke now.

13. dude marlboro special blends are so fucking good

14. Its kind of fucked up that they are discontinuing a cigarette because it is thought of as "misleading." The only people that it is misleading to are the ones that aren't real smart and do not read the warning label that clearly says "Mediums/Lights do not mean healthier, it simply refers to the taste"

Personally, I am a red man myself, but a medium here and there is nice. I don't really know about the special blends though. Cant really tell if I like them or not.

15. Marlboro Mediums are now Marlboro Red Label's. I found that out the other day at Speedway

16. I've been smoking special blends cause they cheap, but I think they give me the shits. Special indeed

17. Aren't you happy you voted for Obama?

18. didnt bother reading entire thread but the new marlbro medium is marlbro red label and they are the same thing just different package, special blend is different

19. Shit I was about to post this but I wanted to read the whole thread to make sure nobody said anything. :p

But yeah, I work at a gas station and pretty much every brand is changing their names. Mediums > Red Label. Same shit (haven't tried either, so I can't be 100% sure. Just going by what the cig vendors tell me.)

Also, just bought a pack of the newer special blends (They had the "Red" and "Light" special blends, and just came out with a "Menthol" and "Filter" special blend.) Not too bad, but they burn a little too quick I think. It may be just me being use to American Spirits though.

20. They aren't getting rid of anything. You really think major tobacco companys would take a product off the shelf because it's misleading?

They're just changing the name around, Camel had to do the same.

Marlboro lights will probably be Marlboro Silvers now or something. Reds will still be reds, not sure what they will rename mediums now.