Mario odyssey

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by onthemooch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Had to grab a copy on release. Looking forward to reliving my mario based childhood lol

1509115934935971646358.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Enjoy, my copy should be getting delivered sometime today, but I am going to hold off playing it until I finish my first play through of South Park The Fracture But Whole, but this game looks like a lot of fun

• Like Like x 1
  3. South park looks great too but held off on it for a bit

4. Yeah I had preordered it back in July of 2016 before all the delays haha, so I was itching for it to come out

• Like Like x 1
  5. I must say its a fun game. Only had a little blast on it last night but from what iv seen its a good game

6. Edit . Repeat post

7. Finished the game yesterday, it was fun but really lacked any challenging parts...Right now I am just collecting some more moons in the Mushroom Kingdom, have about 235 and will probably stop around 250 but apparently there are like over 800 you can get. Ain't nobody got time for that

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I agree. Iv been toying with selling the switch now. Finished zelda. Mario kart
    Mario and wondering if its worth keeping

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'll be hanging onto mine, I am sure there will be more great titles down the line and I love the portability of it.

10. Yeah im torn on it. Sell and get decent money back before xmas or keep it for good. It will be difficult to let zelda go. Such a great game. Id go as far as saying next best rpg after witcher3

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I liked Zelda a lot, not a huge RPG fan other than Zelda, South Park RPG's and Super Mario RPG. Going to be giving kingdom hearts a shot soon though.

12. #12 Dizzy, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    idk about this one...seems like its nothing like the other Mario Games to me. Still going to give it a try tho.

13. I haven't played a recent mario in a while, but Mario for switch was a delight. My wife and I took turns playing, and beating the game. I rarely find a game my wife can keep up on, as I am a doom, halo ext type of guy. My 4 year old daughter even played a mission or two with decent success. This game is one of the reasons I bought the switch, doable for any age. That and it's portable. WIth two young kids, I can't be playing doom loud on the main screen in the house, so it's nice to pick up and move with the unit.

As for good games:
    Doom rocks. Play-ability is off the charts, graphics compared to x-box are lacking.
    Mario Kart rocks. Classic on the go!
    Zelda is epic
    Street fighter is alright. Beat the game in like 10 minutes. Good for fooling around. Nostalgia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Yeah it reminded me of a hybrid between Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, it was fun, not as good as those two though....It does have some fun parts where you go through a warp pipe and it turns into oldschool 8-bit mario that you have to play through

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. I was thinking of getting doom for it but at 40 quid its steep its only 20 quid on ps4

I also want super bomberman

16. Super bomberman was a favorite as a kid, but seems like a very easy game as an adult. I almost pulled the trigger on that one too.

Doom would be better on the PS4 for sure, however, I wanted a couple games for the switch that I can mess around with on the go. I am a sucker for doom, I remember playing the first game on my computer, hiding from my parents so they didn't see me shooting demons, lol.

17. Is the campaign multiplay on doom ?

18. Single only.