Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuanna and birth control

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cerpin_ESP, Jun 28, 2005.

1. i have a friend that is a girl and i am planning on smoking her up for her first time on Weds., she is on birht control though and wants to know if there are any adverse effects (as far as not makig the birth control) any help would be appreciaited.

2. what kind of birth control is she on?

3. she should ask a doctor, she wont get in trouble, or you could ask a doctor

4. shes on the patch kind of birth control

5. Hm, let me do a Google search and see what turns up.

6. All I could find was information that said she shouldn't smoke cigarettes if she uses the patch. She should probably talk to her ob/gyn about it.

7. according to my gyn, it has no effect on the actual effectiveness of the birth control - for that matter, neither do cigarettes. there is a correlation between an increase in heart disease in older women on birth control and cigarette smoking, but there haven't been any tests on marijuana users to find out if the same correlation applies. women under 40 or so shouldn't have any problems at all

8. i'm on the patch now, for medical reasons and i smoke every day.....i havn't had any problems.