Marijuanas Positive Effects On The Mind, Body, and Soul

Discussion in 'General' started by GabrielaGanja, Oct 16, 2010.

1. So, here it is. I'm writing a paper, to put it as simply as possible, about how Marijuana brings people closer together, and my personal story on how it changed my life for the better. I've been doing research on the science behind the effects of Ganja, and also giving my personal opinion on the positive and negative(??) effects of weed use. (Excessive use -and- casual use).

Moving on.

I'm posting this to hear my fellow stoners' opinions on this subject. How has Mary Jane improved your life? Personal stories are welcome. What, in your opinion, are the positive effects, and negative effects (if any) of Marijuana use? Also, if you would just like to share your knowledge of weed, and rant aimlessly after blazin away two blunts, this is the thread to do it.

(Once I gather all the info needed, and finish the paper, I will post it up on this thread)

Thanks much loving tokers,

**Nuggs&&Huggs** <3,

2. Thought I'd share a little bit of my personal experience with you, just to get this thread started.

How Has Marijuana Improved My Life:
    • Before smoking marijuana, I was very depressed, anti-social, and extremely close-minded. After toking for a few months, I had less depressing and suicidal thoughts, was more social with everybody, and started to look beyond the norms of our society.

• I have more energy when it comes to working out when smoking, mostly because I can focus on finishing my workout so that I can smoke a little more to recover from muscle soreness and eat a nice healthy meal afterwards.

• I can write so much more easily as I'm not over-thinking every line I type, so my emotions can pour out first and my sober mind can go back later to proofread and change up some vocabulary and grammar. Plus, my mind seems to process information better while high.

• I have horrible lower back pain (possible calcification of my vertebrae) and extremely painful shin splints, along with cluster headaches and flat feet that get really inflamed after a few hours of being on them. I smoke on a daily basis, and these problems have started to wane gradually, allowing me to perform my job and do basic tasks like exercising and lifting loads at work.

Positives:
    • Open-mindedness

• Pain relief

• Greater appreciation for arts

• Makes healthy but terrible tasting food amazing

• Fantastic sex

Negative:
    • Lethargy

• The price of marijuana in my town is horrible

• Little coughs from tar inhalation, but that's what vapes are for

3. #3 CLKWRK, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    PROS

-I'm am more relaxed and not as angry as i used to be before starting smoking.

-If i smoke just a small amount, like 2 hits or so, it gives me that little boost of energy and that "hey imma go do stuff" mind set.

- Helps with the nicotine cravings, like I want a cig, but i don't need one.

-I'm more social

CONS

-Paranoia increases

-I become extremely at high doses

-Having to hide it

-Munchies

Life changes....

I talk to more people then i normally would, even though it's still not a large amount. Before i smoked, i used to be such a violent person, hit people alot, be pissed off at small things. Since i started smoking, that's gone away. I'm more of a "peace on planet earth" person then a "get out of my way or i'll pound you" person. It also helps with ideas. My ideas when sober don't make sense, but when blasted, still don't make a whole lot of sense, but their not dumb ideas. I don't care what music is played when I'm smoking. Music is music. Sure i might not enjoy the particular genre, but hey, gotta try new things before you can judge them. I have depression and after having smoked, i feel really happy, unless im entirely alone and have no one to talk to, which is why i enjoy smoking with other people, to being alone most times then not.

I don't care what people think as often now these days. I still do to a degree, and for some reason i can't shake it, but for the general majority of the time, meh.

4. if i dont smoke im always bored and super desensitised. i dont like most of my 'friends' because they're either stupid or boring.

when i smoke a lot i feel emotions and im more tolerating. im also a little bit more interested in stuff but it's harder to get things done because it makes me feel lazy.

5. Amen on the vape comment, and everything else you said. I don't really agree with the lethargic comment, but we're all different. :p

6. Thanks for the feedback, y'all. :pp

7. i like this thread

positives:
    i'm a much more social person
    i understand everything alot more now, especially girls
    i've developed good social skills
    i have a much more positive outlook on life
    i put myself in peoples shoes more
    and of course, extreme relaxation. :smoke:

negatives:
    costs alot
    cant get a job as easily
    still illegal
    some people look down on me now

8. Cannabis gives me the power to move objects with my mind.

9. It gives you the illusion that it has any good effects while it actually rots your brain

10. It has done nothing for me, I smoke it for my pleasure.

It has not affected my life in any way.

11. Positive
    -I enjoy smoking it, talking about it, viewing it, smelling it.
    - My mind has been opened up to new things and I love knowledge
    - Relaxation.

Negative
    -Feeling tired.
    - Not be as social after smoking a lot