Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Tourism in Colorado/Washington?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viper98, Nov 13, 2012.

1. So now that weed is legal in Washington and Colorado is there going to be things like weed bars that people from other states can come to for like vacation and buy weed? Like the tourism that comes to Amsterdam because you can smoke legally there.

2. We don't know yet.

3. I am already in line...

waiting...

4. I will never forget it.

5. #5 BearThug, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    Ignore

6. #6 Jamesy C, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    It won't be as big as some people are making it out to be.

A lot of Americans use MMJ legally already and don't won't see the need to travel across the continent. In Europe we go to Amsterdam because Europe is a relatively small place, and for me its a short cheap flight away. If you live in in a country bordering Holland its a short drive since Holland is such a small country. If I book about 2 months in advance I can get a return flight for the price of a bag of weed where I live.

7. Colorado and Washington legalized recreational use, not just medical.

8. [quote name='"BearThug"']Medical Marijuana is legal... Not just smoking it out in the open.....

No, this won't be a tourist attraction because its medical... If any medical marijuana state should be a tourist spot, it should be my very own California because we grow the finest of the finest...

Idk if people have the mindset that people who were never smoking weed before the bill passed, and thinking now that everyone will start to smoke weed a lot more since the biill passed.. Well its wrong because here in Cali there are a lot of people who still do not smoke even though it's medically legal... The same people who were smoking before it was legal just have a medical card, and those who never touched the plant still do not touch the plant... Its just like alcohal, some people drink it, some people don't... Its just preference, just like weed is...[/quote]

Where have you been? Co and Wash passed recreational bills on election day.

9. And I'm sure we could strongly argue the "best bud" part.
    IMO no one has shit on Washington state

10. I wanted to make a trip to CO over thanksgiving break, but it looks like there's nothing to go to yet.

11. I think you totally misinterpreted his question AND the legalization in CO/WA.

1. He never asked if "everyone" was gonna start smoking he was asking if they would become places that people can go to visit and enjoy the legality of weed. The answer to that is "yes", whether "weed bars" and the like will exist or even be legal is unknown at this point.

2. Medical marijuana was already legal in WA/CO smart guy, it's RECREATIONALLY LEGAL NOW!

That is all.

12. [quote name='"Caboose419"']I wanted to make a trip to CO over thanksgiving break, but it looks like there's nothing to go to yet.[/quote]

Duh it does not go into effect until
    The jan 1. Glade to see you know how government works.

13. #14 BurnAFewDown, Nov 13, 2012
    [quote name='"viper98"']So now that weed is legal in Washington and Colorado is there going to be things like weed bars that people from other states can come to for like vacation and buy weed? Like the tourism that comes to Amsterdam because you can smoke legally there.[/quote]

Except its illegal for non residents to buy weed in Amsterdam, not saying you can't get it, but its illegal

14. Because I live in Colorado and voted on the issue... Relax.

15. did this guy not get the memo? lol....

16. [quote name='"RVA3"']

And I'm sure we could strongly argue the "best bud" part.
    IMO no one has shit on Washington state[/quote]

Just how ill vouche for Oregon, but honestly us west coasters got the rest of America beat

17. [insert obligatory "YOU ARE WRONG" post, here]

18. Why is it better than the rest of America? Weed is weed and it all depends on how it is Grown and cured.

19. #20 BurnAFewDown, Nov 13, 2012
    [quote name='"Dr fumbles"']

Why is it better than the rest of America? Weed is weed and it all depends on how it is Grown and cured.[/quote]

Exactly, ands its going to be grown better in a state where its legal and there's more funding for it. Plus its cheaper, thus better for your wallet too. Even if the west coast had as good as weed as us, I'm much happier paying 150 or less for an O as apposed to 350+. Just like how there's better alcohol now than there was during prohibition, with legalization came better alcohol.