Marijuana Tops List of Questions for Obama!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ryndemers, Dec 13, 2008.

1. 20 percent of top 10 most popular questions he asked for are about marijuana, and they are also highly highly supported with 'yes', so theres no way the transition team ignores it...what i expect is for 'further study needed' or 'we'll stop the medical raids' and then they'll ignore the personal usage part.

im excited to see!

2. Stopping the raids and respecting individual states law is enough for me to be happy with president-elect Obama on this particular issue. I think decriminalization is too much considering other issues which have more priority.

3. That's a classic cop-out for politicians that I think shouldn't apply whatsoever here. Alcohol prohbiition ended during the biggest economic crisis the world has ever seen. We are economically heading towards a comparable feat.

When even more Americans start losing their jobs, when they can't find work, and when they need money to pay their bills, you can bet that more than a few of them will realize the ease and profitably (thanks to popular shows like 'Weeds' which begins airing season 6 very soon) with which you can distribute/grow marijuana.

if Obama has the historic sense that I think he has, he knows that now is as important as any.

Checkout this great comment from a Digg poster;

check out those percentages! normally politicians whack off at night to numbers like those

4. Obama has said himself that his administration is going to have to focus on many issues at once.

5. Wow great ending line :hello: +rep

6. I really hope that sometime in the near future something will change. Wether that be the medicinal laws or the personal laws or hell both of them!

7. so theres no way the transition team ignores it...what i expect is for 'further study needed' or 'we'll stop the medical raids' and then they'll ignore the personal usage part.

8. We cant be ignored forever, the guy hasn't even made it into office yet. Give it some time, at least our voices are being recognized.

-C

9. the newest update on this was that they said they have no intention to dicriminalize marijuna. But who knows? I say we give it more time and we will see what happens in the near future.

10. Honestly I see that as a positive decision. Decriminalization does absolutely no good. Yes you only get a slap on the wrist when caught, but the product is still only available on the black market. Legalization and regulation is the key to this battle.

11. yeah but baby steps man, baby steps

12. Weirdo much?