Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana to quit smoking?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by noahr68, Jun 14, 2016.

1. I've heard of people implementing marijuana to quit smoking cigarettes, and was just wondering if it could help me quit smoking. I decided to quit about a week ago and got a vape instead, and it's not much help at all honestly. I've been smoking weed here and there Lately, but if I started smoking more regularly, does anybody think that that would help quit smoking cigarettes? Thanks for any help with this that anyone can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Marijuana and vaping helped me quit nic. Started with heavy vaping with high nic e-juice (30-24mg) and eating and smoking marijuana like a savage. Eventually toned down my consumption and slowly lowered the nic levels on the vape (18-12mg), and down to 6-0mg. Also had a bunch of hobbies on the go.

3. Im not smoking marijuana for the time being and i quit cigarettes recently. Its all about your will power and what u do when u start craving to have a smoke. U can either do something to take your mind off of it or just not give in to the craving. It took me about 2 weeks to eventually but i stopped gradually

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I smoked a joint, and DIDN'T have a cigarette directly afterwards, I would take a fork and ram it into my eyeball. I do not see how weed would help you, but we are all different. I agree with the poster above me.

5. buy a vape to help quitting cigarettes

6. It isn't THC that helps you stop smoking, it's the CBD! I have the link to the full study, but I am going to just post up the abstract with a translation-

Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings. (full – 2013) http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/CBDcigarettes.pdf

The role of the endocannabinoid system in nicotine addiction is being increasingly acknowledged. We conducted a pilot, randomised double blind placebo controlled study set out to assess the impact of the ad-hoc use of cannabidiol (CBD) in smokers who wished to stop smoking. 24 smokers were randomised to receive an inhaler of CBD (n=12) or placebo (n=12) for one week, they were instructed to use the inhaler when they felt the urge to smoke. Over the treatment week, placebo treated smokers showed no differences in number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, those treated with CBD significantly reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by ~40% during treatment. Results also indicated some maintenance of this effect at follow-up. These preliminary data, combined with the strong preclinical rationale for use of this compound, suggest CBD to be a potential treatment for nicotine addiction that warrants further exploration.

Granny's translation- They took 24 tobacco smokers and divided them into 2 groups. One group got an inhaler with CBD, the other group got "dummy" inhalers. They were told to use the inhaler whenever they wanted to smoke. The CBD group smoked about 40% fewer cigarettes than the control group in the first week! The “dummy” group just kept on smoking as usual. And then they ended the study at the end of the week. Looking at the significant drop in use, they think that CBD might be worth looking into as a way to quit tobacco!

Now don't you wonder what would have happened if they had continued the study for a full month? The CBD is obviously effective, even with no psychoactive effect! However, CBD has also been used as an anti-anxiety medication, which would really help with the “jonesing” and withdrawal anxiety.

CBD inhalers are available in, at least some, California dispensaries!

Granny

7. When i smoke weed, i get super high, im satisfied with that. enough to not smoke ciggies......

when i run out of green.... i can smoke a pack of smokes a day ez...

it is in my head a little.... i do think "Bro your stoned as fuck.... wat do u want a ciggie for?" then i go have another bong.... and get even more ripped and totally forget about cigarettes all together xD

cigs is a dirty habit.... imo alot worse than smokin weed... atleast with the ganja u get a benefit of gettin high from the smoke....

stick to the green. :)

• Like Like x 2