Marijuana: The Gateway Drug

Discussion in 'General' started by Triip Balls, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Now you know how people always say stuff like, oh you try weed youll smoke crack and and do all that bad shit? well its true, to an extent. How many people do you know tht strictly have always smoked marijuana, i know there are many people that do, but theres definetly more that dont. The first drug anyone tried was weed, its amazing, harmless, and beautiful. Now as time passes and you keep smokin and smokin you start to care less and less, and now you come to two path: to the left are you psycadelics and shit along those lines and to the right are your opiates and stimulates. Now of coarse the people who ended up on the streets took the right path, and the people who acually got up and did something with their lives took the left path.

Which path are you on?

Or did you even come to the fork in the road?

2. i really do agree that weed is a gateway drug. thats probably why its so frowned upon. thats not the case for everyone tho.

as for me, i took both paths. i smoke and have done acid and shrooms 2wice but im in college majoring in mechanical engineering. i will never let myself end up on the streets

3. The prohibition of weed takes a lot of responsibility for this

watch the union .

by having to go through dealers to get weed you usually get offered other drugs and from there go off .

drug users will be drug users...and everybody has there own preference

but you can look at that as people who can legally go buy a pack of cigs and a bottle of wine...only smoke cigs and drink wine...(typically)

not acid , thizz , coke , etc

and if anybody disagrees somebody else back me up cause im goin to sleep :wave: :laughing:

4. do u think acid isnt on the psycadelic path?

5. See but thats alcohol and tabacco. During the prohibition of alcohol, was alcohol a gateway drug? not at all.this is a new era, our drugs are smarter now.

6. Ive definetley gone left and enjoy a nice trip here and there. Lsd is my favorite substance I have tried so far, and I have some DMT that is waiting for me in my drawer.

7. I think it is sort of a gateway drug because that is peoples culture/morals/self discipline/personality/lifestyle (Lack of better word. I believe that if the majority of the people had a more "self disciplined (again lack of better term)" lifestyle, than it would not be a gateway drug. And we should be focusing on reforming our habits etc. so we do not start blame games and take responsibility for ourselves.

8. The logic used to label marijuana as a gateway drug is very flawed. Simply smoking weed will not cause anyone to go out and try other drugs, it just doesn't. The thing is, how adventurous you are with drugs is usually established before you do anything by the way you approach other situations. It just so happens that the people that are willing to try harder drugs are also willing to try marijuana. Remember, correlation does not mean causation. Following the same logic as the anti drug folk, one can reasonably conclude that actions such as obtaining a driver's license, graduating high school, or even eating a ham sandwich lead to drug use down the road.

9. Alcohol wasn't a gateway drug because most of the people who were selling alcohol when it was illegal were only selling alcohol and nothing else. They weren't selling alcohol, coke and heroin, just alcohol. But today dealers are selling herb coke heroin etc all together, so the availability of other drugs are much more easily found and because of that, easier to get. If herb was legal there would be no reason to buy from dealers since you would only buy from licensed sellers, who wouldn't be selling the still illegal drugs.

I don't really think our drugs are smarter, just easier to get.

10. #10 The Stranger, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    Yea, I have to agree with everyone here that marijuana is somewhat of a gateway drug.
    Just because you do it doesn't mean you will try other drugs, but because it's illegal, you are more likely to come across those drugs when you purchase a bag.

I have tried a wide variety of drugs, my favorite prob being either acid or opium. But it was mostly experimentation. The only drug I partake in on a regular basis is, of course, mary jane.

Dunno, different people have different experiences. I do know of one person who has only smoked weed and nothing else, because they are afraid of getting addicted to coke, crack, etc. It really boils down to the person in question.

EDIT: Lol forgot to answer the question. I have tasted a bit from both paths, but probably stray more towards the left. I have priorities, such as having a home, food, etc., before weed. No way could I let myself get strung out and do absolutely nothing.

11. Legalize it and we'll see about it being a gateway drug..

12. I totally agree with you man, lsd is a beautiful subsatnce, and have a great time with DMT, i envy you right now actually :D

me and some friends a droppin some rolling stones tabs this week

13. Alright say it did get legalized? mushrooms wouldnt tickle your curiousity? or the thought of having a crazy acid trip wouldnt get you pumped? or how about going to a club and droppin a bomb? even if marijuana got legalized, curiousity will always kill the cat

14. Reading this showed me another point of view. Yeah, you are right, it is sort of a gateway drug. Because of the fact it gets you high, it is in the category with everything else that gives you a buzz etc....

15. it was worse then a gateway drug it lead it actual criminal acts and the uprising of gangs and violence and a complete disregard

16. Marijuana taught me how to walk, shrooms are showing me how to fly...you bet your ass it is a gateway drug. :p

17. yea my gateway drug was cigs

to the question
    for most my life i been on the "left path", haven't done other drugs until more recently. now i might be heading into the "right path" for a little while. not sure if i'm coming back.

18. i popped pain pills a lot and did inhalers before i picked up weed. i said fuck that shit after i started smoking. i have tried shrooms and thizz but i would have tried it even without ever smoking weed before. for me it was interest, not because i was bored of weed. if im bored of weed, ill take a tolerance break.

19. never did anything but weed. I knew where my line was and I wasn't gonna cross it.

20. These days I think it's Ritilin, Prozac and Adderall (etc) that are the gateway drugs of the 21st century. Drs. are putting fucking 7 year olds on that shit.

That being said, I caffeine was the first drug I ever tried, followed by alcohol, followed by weed. I would say though, that weed was definitely a "gateway drug" for me.

I think it's when you realize that these drugs aren't nearly as scary as the adults make them out to be, then you start to feel more brave about trying stronger drugs. If adults were just honest, and tell us the real differences between Marijuana and Heroin, kids would be less inclined to experiment.

I eventually moved on the left path of trying LSD, Mushrooms, Ecstacy. I never got into coke or meth, and never even wanted to try heroin. Gave up everything but alcohol and weed in my early 20's. I'd probably do mushrooms or e again if given the opportunity, but it's hard for a housewife to find those, LOL.