Marijuana Pricing Project

Discussion in 'General' started by carvershores, Apr 17, 2009.

1. #1 carvershores, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    Hello fellow blades,
    Ive got an idea and this is the perfect place to run it by!

Let me start off by letting you all that I'm a web developer and have been doing so for about 8 years. I'm currently pursuing my B.S. in Computer Science so I'll probably end up doing something programming related in the future too(just more advanced).

I am good with HTML, CSS, JavaScript(not too shabby but not all that either), PHP, SQL, and i'm good with alot of other stuff too.

Im alrite with command line linux and Ive managed over 20 dedicated servers at once(over seas).

Ive made 3 successful websites in my career(if you wanna call it that lol) with the highest getting over 300,000 impressions per day(about 25,000 unique daily).

So as you can see im not a noob(not a professional either, YET ;).

The one thing im not so good at is graphic design(I can do some stuff but you could pretty much say I suck). I know a couple people who could help me out if I get serious though(mabe some fellow blades???).

So anyways heres the idea(I know im not the first to think of this but I can def be the first to implement it nicely):
    I want to create a website where people can upload photo(s) of their pickup(s) and price them. Some info I know ill be getting(more as I expand the site):
    Weight(1G-1LB etc..)
    Price(different currencys).
    Location(country, city, zip?).
    Quality(Low, Mid, High)

Obiously once I get things more planned out I'll probably find other things that I can record to make the info more useful.

So basically I'll take this info(which will be stored via SQL) and apply it to the PHP script that i'll make which will be sort of like a directory. People will be able to type in their location and see the average prices for diff amounts(grams, ounces, pounds, etc..).

I know that sounds pretty simple so far but like I said; I'm not a noob. I'll make it very extensive with graphs and lots of useful info for people looking NOT to get ripped off(or just some good ol stats on the plant we all love).

If I do get into it then I could easily expand the site to include other relevant info; grow guides, forums, a shop(not trying to take away from GC, just saying lol), a blog, and pretty much anything related to cannabis.

So thats the jist of it, what do you think?

oh and I could have a rating system so people can rate on you pickup :).

2. try to use less of your technical computer language and more "normal' language cuz we're confused what you're trying to say

3. #3 carvershores, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    Try reading my whole post fool. ;)

4. o yes of coarse because everyone understands your post right?

5. Basically what he wants to do is make a large graphical database of the varying amounts, prices, quality and the location of said herbage.. did i get that right? :cool:

6. Yep.

He wants to start a site with pick up weight, price, location and quality statistics
    for cannabis around the world.

7. Exactly :p

I made the idea part bold for the people who are technically illiterate.
    jajaja

8. Hhahah.

Some are to lazy to read.

9. Yeah and they feel like they gotta be a bitch about it but oh well lol. So what do ya think of the idea though?

10. Nice I actually liked that. They had my city and it was pretty right on.

The problem with that site was the layout is boring and finding your city takes a few minutes unless you ctrl+f it lol. Another thing is that those articles are likely written by ONE person. If I did it then it would be more of a compilation from LOTS of people. I would have actually city average prices depedning on quality etc... I like the city description of each city thing though. Also some nice javascripts and a better layout wouldnt hurt none ;).

11. yeah definetly could be more lively, and more descriptive, plus throw in a search bar for cities and states.

YOU should give/get a basic description of the city first tho, like they have it set up, then like in the description give a link to the typa weed available, prices, etc. REALLY good idea tho, good luck.

Call it FindMary.com :smoking: