marijuana overdose???

Discussion in 'General' started by Puurpss420, Aug 13, 2009.

1. fortwent tee, tokinsville, DC, 5/2/2008 5:00:08 PM
    I am a single parent. My son recently overdosed on marijuana. I remember him telling me it was impossible to overdose, but one day i found him blue with a marijuana cigarette (joint) in his hand. please tell you children about the dangers of the "soft" drug.

Friend showed me this site about parents talking about their childrens drug issues mostly marijuana related complaints.

Parent Forum - Parents. The Anti-Drug.

2. #2 FenceWalker, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
    Coincidence (having a joint in his hand) does not equal causation. ;)
    Source: Cannabis and alcohol toxicity is compared in Marijuana Reconsidered, ibid., p. 227. Yearly alcohol overdoses was taken from "Drug Prohibition in the United States: Costs, Consequences, and Alternatives" by Ethan A. Nadelmann, Science, Vol 245, 1 September 1989, p. 943.

3. Isn't that kind of like seeing someone dead next to their car and saying, "He's been in a car accident!!!"?

4. Maybe mommy didn't know about the her'ron he was shooting up

5. Stop misunderstanding.

That isn't the OP in the OP (lol).

It's a post on an ignorant-parents-against-weed message board, and was most likely posted as a joke by a fellow weedsmoker, since we have a tendency to troll sites like that.

6. Jack Herrer, Baked, AL, 1/28/2009 3:24:32 PM
    I recently found a glass pipe on his dresser that had marijuana resin on it. I confronted him about it. I told him how it is bad for you. He told me he only smokes on the weekends and about 2-4 times a month. He promised me that he would never smoke during school and during when he is supposed to be doing homework. His grades have never been better as well as his athletics record. If he can keep those up and use marijuana responsibly and moderately, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to

LOL jack herrer, baked, AL? oh word? aha

7. #7 Misc, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
    Okay, here's my marijuana tragedy story:

I was out shooting rabbits on my front porch, and I went inside to get a beer. My son was sitting on the couch watching the food network. I said to him, "Billy, why don't we smoke a joint?" He said, "Okay dad." He followed me out to the front porch, I rolled a joint and we started puffin. Since I had let my guard down, the rabbits had begun making burrows on my porch. I turned around and grabbed the shotgun, but I wasn't fast enough. A very fast jackrabbit had jumped on top of my poor son Billy, and it had begun gnawing on his face. I whipped around with the shotgun and fired, and the joint Billy was holding fell to the ground. I picked it up and puffed for another minute or two, but it was too late. The marijuana had vaporized his face.

8. did you notice the guy in the OP is from tokinsville???

9. Not at all.

10. Did you notice the fortwent tee? lol. Something fishy goin on there.

11. Rofl. I like that commercial a few years ago where they were sitting on the couch then were in front of a movie theater and the guy is like "I got high and nothing happened, if you like that go ahead but I'm gonna go out" or some shit....I was laughing so hard at that lol...no wonder they had that one pulled so quick.

12. If I wasn't lazy, I'd post a facepalm pic..

13. Anny, 5/30/2008 11:59:55 AM
    My younger brother died from smoking marijuana.

My brother was a nice kid, decent friends, decent looks, etc. He never got into any trouble. But one day, he decided to go to one of those house parties he dreamed about. So he did. There was marijuana at the party. He was pressured into doing it by his "friends". Eventually he gives in and does 1 puff. But his friends didn't think that was enough. They made him smoke the entire joint. By the time they were done with him, he had smoke 13 joints.

At this point, he began foaming at the mouth and spasming uncontrolably. His "friends" let him lay there for 10minutes before calling 9-11. When the paramedics arrived, it was too late. During the Autopsy, they discovered he had 3 times the lethal dosage of THC*in his body.

Why was I not at this party!??!?

14. [​IMG]

15. man, i wish i had enough weed to cause an overdose. sure, it may kill you, but what a way to go, right?

16. "My 17 year old son is in his 3rd week of a 28 day rehab program for weed use. We are in the midst of working together on a contract for when he gets out and figuring out how his school year won't be a total loss, etc. While he's been in rehab, I've been checking his cell phone for messages and texts. Last week he had a txt from someone I don't know saying n so many words that he had a good shipment coming in and to let him know how much he wanted. Of course I will delete this and other suspicious messages. My question is this: how should we handle the use of his cell phone when he gets out? Our contract says he won't get it back for a month, based on good behavior, but once he gets it back, what happens? He has dozens of contacts - most of them using friends, or acquaintences. Should we get him a new number? Delete all his contacts? Any experience or advice is welcome. Thanks!"

fucking hell that guys mommy is a bitch hahahah!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hi, I just learned about this website in a rage of trying to find out about home drug tests. I recently found out that my son has been smoking pot and I confronted him on it. He willingly admitted to it and insisted that it's NO BIG DEAL. I tried to explain that everyone that has an addiction says its not a big deal and they have it under control, and most often its worse a problem than they think. At first I went through denial, then I started feeling guilty like I hadnt done my job as a parent, then I was scared, and THEN I got really angry. I was afraid to lay down the law and demand he live by my house rules untill I got angry. Nobody wants to admit that their child is a pothead, but denying it is only showing your child that you dont care enought to keep on him/her about their using and making bad choices, which leads to worse problems. So I did the first phase of the download and watched some youtube videos. I had already seen one that I found on my son's computer showing how to make a pen pipe, which made sense as to why I found several gutted pens and foil in his underwear drawer! You can watch anything on youtube!!!!! I'm kinda outraged by it.

hhahaha i found several gutted pens and aluminum foil in his drawer hahahaha:smoking:

--
    Mike, LA, 3/18/2008 3:43:12 PM

I found my son using marijuana. I love him to death, and I want to tell him of dangerous marijuana is. I found alot of useful information online, but I can not find how many people die annually from a marijuana overdose. Can anyone help me? Thanks all.

God Bless

WOT A STUPID CUNT!!!

17. :D +rep, my friend.

+rep, indeed.

18. what the fuck??? what r u talking about?

19. Sites like these are retarded....what other drug could you do morning, noon and night and still be fine???

That's basically what I did, I pulled a 3.413 GPA...good fucking fight?? I mean if I was snorting coke I'd be dead or something right? What if I was drinking alcohol?

I suppose tobacco wouldn't be that bad just damage your lungs lol.

20. What really happened -

I watched little jimmy go out the back door the other day. He was looking around and acting very suspicious. Naturally, I got out my binoculars and watched what he was doing. I noticed he was smoking a marijuana cigarette! However instead of confronting him immediately I decided to wait until he returned inside (it was a bit nipply out that day in the cold wisconsin winters). When he came in I noticed he was speaking with more diction than he usually does, AND he had taken a sudden interest in nature and science! I was outraged and immediately grounded him and forced him to drink bud lite and watch re-runs of football games, hoping to stomp the hippie out of him! Everyone knows marijuana is a dangerous drug, if it wasn't, why would it be illegal? The same applies to alcohol, if it were dangerous, why would it be legal?