Marijuana needs to be legalized!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by raychiller420, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Why?
    For countless reasons, the economy, the trees, our ecosystem, prisons, kids futures, everything.
    Watch movie called the union. It's interesting.
    Or at least it should be decriminalized. I understand going to jail for something dangerous, but why get put in jail for something that harms nobody?
    In my town my friends and I kick it in the van and toke up, watch some tv, hike or something like that. While we do our thing there are other kids out vandalizing shit and killing other kids or having sex with teachers (no I am not kidding)
    I mean most true pot smoking pot heads aren't dangerous. And yeah sure we try other drugs but it's not the weed that does it. Its our own curiosity. Or the influence of our peers.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that the world would be a ten times better place if weed wasn't illegal.

2. Well said, paying $11k a year or more for non-violent drug dealers and smokers to be held in prison isn't something I like, and when there's money for the government to be made by taxing it and focusing on the drugs like meth that actually hurt the environment and other people it's hard to see why it hasn't been legalized yet. I have a dislocated vertibrae in my back and arthritis in my knees and I can't smoke what actually helps at a lower price and without fear for no good reason.