Marijuana moved from class C to class B in UK

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by gabzk, May 7, 2008.

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/may/07/drugspolicy.drugsandalcohol

as a resident in the UK this has made me furious.

2. haha i was in london the week that it was decriminalized.

that was only a couple years ago, looks like it didnt last too long.

3. it's a shame that it was recriminalized JUST because of the short-sightedness and his ignorance of those in power with regards to the subject. How backwards! I hope this "upgrade" doesn't last long...

4. That's rubbish.

5. its not its fact

6. The man said what?

"Last week, Gordon Brown warned of the "more lethal quality" of much of the cannabis now available, described it as a gateway drug, and said that the reclassification was needed to "send a message to young people that it was unacceptable"."

What lethal quality is he talking about? Did someone die of Cannabis in Britain? Or is he lying? Where's the body? Habeus Corpus anyone?

I guess its ok to send the message to children that logic is only for the twisting. And that if its not broken, just go ahead and break it.

Politics is a gateway drug to insanity, apparently.

7. The only good that could possibly come out of this is that cannabis use increases after the change... then we have more proof that liberalizing marijuana laws implies less common use... then the government can't use that bullshit "drug use will increase if we decriminalize/legalize" argument.

Unfortunately it would be a few years before we see if this happens...