Marijuana May Shrink Parts of the Brain *ARTICLE*

Discussion in 'General' started by uRbAnDieSeL*ATL, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dunno what to really say bout this.. what yall think

2. More bullshit ontop of the pile? Just gonna be forgotten about in a couple weeks if not days

3. I'd like to know who conducted the tests, more about the subjects (their jobs, their hobbies, whether or not they were stimulating their brains or just apathetic slobs), who sponsored (paid) for the experiment, who exactly wrote the article and what publication it was printed in (and who they affiliate with), and finally more specific results (more than 5 joints can mean anything, could mean thirty 1/2 gram joints or 5 1/2 gram joints, or a dozen 3 gram blunts, etc) more than one test (to see correlations under similar circumstances) and over a wider group of subjects.

But yeah.

4. Five joints a day for over 10 years is pretty much being constantly high for 10 years straight, I would have to speculate, that is thier hobby / accupation. First off I dont know how you could hold down a good job, you certainly would have to...5 doobies my size easily kills a 1/4 oz.

Having said that, I believe there might be some truth to it, I mean I kinda wanted to say something else after reading, but got side tracked.

5. once again i think this all falls down to the responsible use .....

6. Whooptie fucking doo. Alcohol DESTROYs ur brain and makes u retarded. I've binge drinked for days stopped. And after that I had trouble telling stories, remembering shit, making sentences, all sorts of shit. Weed don't do that.

7. bull. why is mind reading bad again? lol. id fucking love to get so high i can read peoples minds.

8. If this is true my brain is size of squirrel.

9. shrinking of the brain? given that marijuana effects the hippocampus section of the brain and the ego is housed there...... it's the ego that is dying.

10. Wow, using a drug excessively for 10 straight years is bad for you?

Any legal drug administered like this would shrink your brain too...

I'd like to see the in depth research. How did they monitor use, how much was in each J, who were the subjects, were they high when they did the tests...

The "psychotic" actions of the subjects appear normal for a stoned person around a bunch of biased scientists. The marijuana subjects felt persecuted (paranoid), could "read minds" of researchers as being assholes, and bizarre social behavior of not wanting to be around the creepy researchers. :confused:

11. haha Notice us getting all huffy about it. :) It's just an article, not the word of God, and of course this is a scientific analysis, totally excluding any analysis of true sense of well-being.