Marijuana legalization initiative headed for 2010 ballot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by married2mj, Dec 15, 2009.

1. hahahaha i already knew this was going to happen,This is just the one more step.WERE SO CLOSE,I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL :D

2. Awesome. Change is coming folks.

3. nope thats just my lighter at the end of the hall.... but yes it is right around the corner

4. now we'll just have to wait for the government to get their heads out of their asses once its legal in cali for some national legalization so we all can enjoy our maryjane with no worries :smoke:

5. hahah hell ya YES! go cali

6. this is fantastic --- every one in California needs to keep this in the news.

Obama would never consider risking his political image by going down in history as "the president who legalized weed" -- so he'll let the states do it (a la state's rights) and just sit back and say --well, that's what the people wanted -- and he won't have his name associated with it.

Contact your lawmakers and tell them you want it legalized:

google "who are my state representatives" and contact them today

PROGRESS is the result of effort.

7. #8 Green Wizard, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
    So they got there finally. Three thumbs up! It's been a good year for the legalization movement. 2010 is looking really interesting. Make sure you all donate what you can to help the cause.

It's going to happen. We want it that bad, and we wont stop until we get it.

8. everybody is going to need to push hard in whatever way they can in 2010

that is everybody on here's new years resolution

9. fuck yes i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. How far into 2010?

11. Hell yeahh!
    Man, if this passes..

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Anything can happen.

12. but federal law overrides state law right?

so say it happens, the feds may still arrest you while the local police can't???

how would that play out; state conflicting with federal law?

first thought is since the feds obviously disagree; wouldn't they cut off funding if cali did this?

in a very practical since how would this really play out?

13. Under the Obama administration and a Democratic controlled congress, I doubt they'd cut funding if California legalized weed. It would be a disagreement between federal and state law, and according to the constitution, federal wins out. So, DEA members could legally prosecute people in California regardless of what their state law says. At least, that's how I believe it works.

But once again, with the federal government being more liberal than it's been in decades, I doubt a real conflict would arise. I believe federal laws criminalizing weed will have been repealed by the end of Obama's second term.

14. This is great and all, but it's still not exactly where we want it. There should be no reason what-so-ever to set a limit at 1 ounce. There's no limit on alcohol, some people like to buy in bulk it makes no sense to put a limit like that on a legal product like cannabis would be...especially a plant.

15. #17 HighMountainSkier, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
    See, this is how it could start (and play out). The California initiative passes in to law and legalizes cannabis. Federal law would overrule State law....but if the Federal law were deemed unconstitutional (which it very likely is anyway), then it's a win for the other 49 states as well.

Who's this "we" you're referring to? I'm not looking for equality with alcohol. I'd be perfectly content to have an ounce on me at all times. No issues here.

16. yea how could you say that. their talking about weed possibly being one step closer to legalization:)hello::yay::yay::hello:) and your worried about only being able to have a oz? are you serious?

17. I am as excited as the next guy (especially since I live in CA now), but the oz thing is a good point. If something is LEGAL then it should have no restrictions like this. Seriously though, if we are pushing for legalization than there is no reason for there to be quantity restrictions. Is there some kind of proof that someone with over an ounce of weed in his pocket is more likely to commit murders? No.

Not mad at you so please don't be offended, it just blows my mind how they think they need restrictions on the stuff. If it is legal, it won't matter! They going to supply officers with scales and weigh people's shit up if they suspect them having over an oz? No, probably not. It's just all so ass backwards to me sometimes.

In any case, I am ready to vote! :smoke:

18. It's so they can keep busting dealers.

Someone should get the admin to stick an announcement at the top of the page come time, so people actually vote.