Marijuana Legality in Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by TooStoned, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Not sure if this is where i should be posting this or not, but i figure i'll give it a shot and if im wrong the nice moderators will move it to the correct spot :)

Anyways im going to be making a trip to toronto next week and ive heard a number of rumors about canada's stance on Marijuana and i was wondering if anyone knows whats really up. Ive been told there are cafe's and coffee shops you can smoke in and that it is pretty much deciminalized up there. anyone know whats fact and whats fake??

Thanks for the help

2. pretty much only in vancouver and montreal. otherwise its the same as everywhere else.

maybe a bit more leniant, but its still illegal.

3. It's illegal but most places the cops don't give a shit... too much paperwork I've been told. I'm not entirely sure how it is in Toronto right now, but there are some sweet toking spots where ya won't get found anyway. Just visit any bridge or alley, if there's no 5-0 sign it should be safe.

4. i dont know much about the legality, but i heard British Columbia has good bud.. i wanna go to fuckin Amsterdam, i saw this big festival like centered around weed there.. it was called the cannabis cup.. it sounded pretty sweet

5. Canada is just decriminalized, which means if you get caught with some weed for "personal use" the most you would get is a ticket and some community service. I have a friend that lives in BC, he works in a gas station at night, and has been held up 3 times. He told me that after one time the cop pulled out a J and smoked it with him. So it all just depends on how much you have on you and what kind of cop you get.

yeah the cannabis cup is sweet looking, if you pay a hundred dollars you can be a judge! I def plan on going there at least once before I die. I want to say it's nov 23-28 ...but not totally sure.

6. That sounds really sweet.. im deffinitely goin there

7. Yeah i was in BC about a month ago snowboarding in whistler. The weed was really good, Northern Lights it was called. Definatly good stuff. im leaving for toronto tommorrow morning, i'll tell ya how it goes :)

8. Just read the new time magazine that came out. It said that canada is thinking about completly decriminlizing pot up to 15 grams, about half an ounce. It said that legislation should move it through before the end of next year!!

9. Wish they would have the legislation done by tommorrow =/ hahaha