Marijuana laws in Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Truth, Dec 18, 2005.

1. I was just wondering what the marijuana laws were like in Canada. I've heard they are very relaxed, but how relaxed exactly? Anyone have any personal stories?

2. move to denver

3. The only story I have is that when a friend of mine was going to a club in Vancouver (I think) about 4 people asked him if he wanted to buy weed while he was walking there. I have no idea about the laws but apparently they're pretty relaxed.

4. Due to several new precedents, marijuana is effectivley decriminalized though cops CAN still arrest you.

It's a pain in the ass, they can arrest you, take your shit and throw you in a cell and serve you with posession charge, but when you show up in court, it's almost a certainty (as long as you arent being charged with trafficking) that you'll be acquited, end of story.

But i have to be honest with you, i've talked to cops MANY times when i'm high, they've told me they know i'm high, they've seen me smoke joints, but NEVER been arrested. Just don't give them a reason to arrest you and they wont, i'm always really nice to the cops, they're just another blue collar joe that wants to go home and relax.

5. Well, it's kind of funny. The cops will see you smoke a joint, wait until you're done, and come up to you... then ask if you have liquor in your bag. HA! What a country!

I've never been arrested, fined, or charged with posession, though I've been "caught" a handful of times.

6. in my experience it mostly depends on where you are in canada.
    in the big cities nobody really cares at all. you can smoke joints walking downt the street beside cops and they dont care.

but if you live in a small town where cops are lookin' for someone to bust then you gotta be a little more careful. its still illegal but the cops usually dont care. i smoke in public all the time and nothing has ever happened to me.

also theyre strict on dealers. you got the scale, you go to jail. thats what ive heard

7. Well said man. + rep

8. Shit, i carry a scale so i don't get ripped!

9. haha ya i was about to say they should rethink that. Noone likes getting shorted