"Marijuana increases risk of heart attack"

Discussion in 'General' started by SeatStreet, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Was just browsing Reddit and saw the above title. Basically, would any of you know if this is actually true? I know kush, in general, is supposed to calm you down (sorta depends on what strain I guess.) It's caught my attention because sometimes when I smoke or try to eat an edible I can really feel my heart race even though I'm not anxious or anything. It legit just starts beating and I'm just there like shit what is happening.

2. Sitting up increases your chance of a heart attack.

• Like Like x 4
  3. not exactly the kind of response i was hoping for but still appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  4. i seeee

5. Marijuana increases your heart rate slightly.

So does walking. Which is good for you...it's called exercise...do the math.

:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ya know........I believe laughter actually adds to ones life & right about now I feel so fucking alive!

Thanks!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. calm down man

8. I get high and then train boxing, No heart attack yet.

Touch wood.

9. Sounds like anti-weed propaganda.

10. Well, really...Anymore, what doesn't increase your risk for a heart attack?

But honestly, thousands of years of use...Wouldn't one assume we would have an epidemic of coronary attacks?:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  11. It does make me wonder if the human heart is weakening over time. Nowadays people are practically born with a pre-existing heart condition or increased risk of heart disease.

Maybe humans are becoming obsolete. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The population has exploded over the course of the last 30 or so years, along with genetically modified foods bein' added into daily diets at all time highs. Physical activity has plummeted in the last 20 years largely thanks to the development of technology geared towards video games, and while some have attempted to curb this to varying degrees (Wii comes to mind) people simply are choosing not to live healthy. Pollution has absolutely catapulted over the course of the last 50-100 years, shit, the 90's alone were fucked not even taking into account the industrial era, and it continues to grow even going so far as to start messin' with our atmosphere.

More people less healthy breathin' in intoxicants while sittin' on their ass...What do they expect to happen?

• Like Like x 1
  13. There are no thc receptors in the part of the brain that deals with heart and breathing so no it does not that's why you will never die from smoking to much weed. Proven fact look it up

14. I blame it on people are just more unhealthy these days. I clock off anywhere from 22 000 to 27000 steps a day on the ol fit bit when I'm working (12 hour shifts).
    I have never been to a gym in my life. Fuck I wouldn't even know how to use the equipment lol.
    Just daily activity like walking around can keep you in shape.
    I'm 5.11 160 lbs lol and my weight only fluctuates between 155 and 165 for the last 7 years lol
    And as for food intake I smoke a bowl in the evening and IL tear the ass off a jumbo bag of chips some nights.
    But less exercise and a large amount of fast food and stuff is gonna rape your heart regardless.
    Moderation is key. Except with the bud. That shits every day!

15. Oh.

Well there you go, then.

16. Lol so Reddit is a legitimate news source now guys, we outta believe everything we see on there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sensitivity to media increases actual occurrences of cardiac arrest and/or infarction.

Still, zero people have died from weed. Because if weed could stop your heart, they would've figured that to be true by now.

18. I saw the video, that bitch's face increases the risk of a heart attack.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The weeds just too chronic.