Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana in the use of migraine treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by modern-hippy, Oct 26, 2004.

1. I was just wondering if anybody else here has used marijuana to treat a migraine, and if they have been sucsefull. I myself get horrible migraines, which can be almost completly gotten rid of by taking a few puffs of herb. Unfortinatley, we dont know when we get indica or sativa, but i will tell you that one of those helps and one of them doesnt. the one that gives you the relaxed body feel will knock your migraine way down. the "head trip" type of weed will make it worse.... for me anyways, im sure everyone is diffrent. If you have migraines, and use pot to cure them, please post your storry here!

2. No. I'm sorry but I have no experience with MJ and migrane. But I did found that MJ made my depression and anxiety worse...

Anyone else?

Peace.

3. YEP, but if ur outside of your house doing something, its alot of fun. If you go outside its an adventure always when your high. Then your not depressed get your ass up and try it :)

4. I also get migraines, and I do use marijuana to relieve them. It works like a charm. The original medicines (a combination of Naproxen and Cyproheptadine) prescribed by my doctor ceased to be effective a couple years ago. I've found that smoking marijuana when I have a migraine gives me very fast relief from the pain and nausea. In the past, when I got a migraine, I would simply have to get several hours of uncomfortable sleep, and wake up feeling fine. Now, though, I only have to smoke some marijuana and within only several minutes I'm feeling fine.

5. Ive had headaches before and instead of taking asprin or whatever i have a joint and its gone.

My mum gets really bad migraines.. if she ever finds out i smoke or i tell her i smoke im gonna offer her some pot to try for her migraines. The tablets she is on atm are fucking bastards and make her dizzy and they slow down her metabolism so shes pissed off as shes putting on weight and getting depressed ect

Yeah i really wish the stuff was legal, id tell my mum like a shot if it were and would give her some for her headaches.

6. check the "institute of pain"'s website (if it's still there)

it don't matter whether it's indica or sativa
    it is the same offense

lots of ppl have been studying cannabis and migraine

run a search for
    "cannabis" and "headache"

7. Yes, cannabis is a miracle on migraines, both combating the nausea associated with them and the migraine itself. Keep in mind this is generally speaking. Different drugs work for different people.

Certain strains of cannabis more than likely battle migraines better than others. So you may have to do some searching for the correct strain which is extremely hard to do in the current political climate.