Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana: Harmless and Beneficial For Everyone Unless...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Crypto Tech, Mar 15, 2011.

1. #1 Crypto Tech, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
    Big Pharma Has Its Say So:

The internet is a wonderful thing. I can literally dig up thousands upon THOUSANDS of studies on this subject. The funny thing is, the more you dig, the more of an arsenal you have to defend your position on the legitimacy of this drug for medical use, as well as recreational use. This is an interesting day of digging and scavenging for studies and statistics for me because I realized that any way the prohibitionists turn, there is always, ALWAYS a study that could easily refute their "Political Study." Case in Point:

It's not possible to prove without a doubt that the chemical compounds in Marijuana have ANY toxic effect on your body whatsoever. The question is:

Do the toxic effects of the carcinogens produced by the burning of the medicine harm the body?

Pot and Dialysis/Kidney Failure - Marijuana.com

As well as other studies such as:

Cancer Prevention and Marijuana, Marijuana's Role in Cancer Prevention

http://qmc.ufsc.br/qmcweb/artigos/maconha/papers/cancer_inflamation.pdf

Apoptosis: Programmed Cell Death

Cancer: any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream

Blood pressure regulation by endocannabinoids and their receptors

Hypertension: high blood pressure: a common disorder in which blood pressure remains abnormally high (a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or greater)

Hypertension Correlation to Cancer:

Cancer and Hypertension: An Unresolved Issue -- Hamet 28 (3): 321 -- Hypertension

Apparently morbid obesity is a qualifying condition for the prescription of medical marijuana :eek:. Who would have thought?

Smoking (Cigarettes) and Marijuana:

I can go on and on about the "Three Cancers Studied" listing studies upon studies to continue a sort of "Chain" argument. As a simple rule of thumb, if you have enough leeway to create a chain argument against the opposition, as well as be able to cite several references as to, "When, How, and Where" these studies were conducted; to get credible support from several well reputed health organizations, such as the AMA (American Medical Association Urges Federal Government to Support Medicinal Marijuana), and to have an overwhelming support from the PEOPLE on the issue as well, it's not so much the fact that, hey we're trying to accomplish something here and nothing is getting done; rather it boils down to a completely different issue: Money Is More Legitimate Than You, The Science, And The Greater Good.

My Conclusion: Everywhere you go, you will find nothing but positive evidence that can be used to refute political studies that try to demonize this plant, but without proper demonstration and an act on the peoples behalf as a whole, legalization won't happen.

2. Edited: BUMP

3. I think the medical use of marijuana is absolutely fascinating, thanks for sharing those links I will be reading every single one :)

4. You're very much welcome.

Granny Storm has a great list of links. Her post is also a sticky.

This post is more of a Political opinion mixed with facts and undeniable evidence, which I enjoy writing and studying about.

Enjoy:smoke:

5. Hmm, i'll have to have a search for her. I tend to prefer scientific reports, political reports just frustrate me and seem to go round in circles. I wish everyone could be as informed about cannabis as we are.

6. Haz, you like medical studies? Hon, just click the first link in my sig. You are in for a treat! :D

If you like it, and I bet you will, email me (bottom of my sig) and I'll send you the BIG version. GC's server thinks my new list is too big and won't let me post it up, so you guys are stuck with the slightly smaller 2010 version! It's still 420 pages of MMJ links and worth a peek.

(As for running a search on "Granny Storm Crow"- that will get you an amazing number of hits on any search engine. I'm a busy old bird!)

Granny :wave:

7. haha, so it would seem :) thanks Granny i'll get stuck into that sometime.