Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Facts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by InfamousSecrets, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Sup GC :wave::):hello:

So I'm supposed to do a 10 minute powerpoint presentation about international affairs for some humanities course, and I chose the topic of Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado and Washington with the permission of the teacher.

I want to drop some serioussss knowledge on my classmates and my teacher and educate them about the real facts about Marijuana prohibition and legalization. I want to expose all the hypocrites behind making marijuana illegal, so I'm asking you guys for any facts/links/research on marijuana prohibition. I really want to expose the private prisons, pharmaceutical corporations, and the corrupt politicians so I'll need some legit statistics and links.

Anything will help and ill put GC community in the credits hehe :) :smoking:

2. They made this thing called a search engine so maybe you should just do your own research? If its your presentation do your own work and don't ask others to do it for you...

3. Look up Hemp Car which runs on hemp oil which is way more efficient and less harmful to the environment.

Hemp can also make a material harder than steel, you can look that up.

Hemp clothes are more durable than cotton clothes.

Hemp is a better pharmaceutical product ( and cheaper) than anything available.

Cellulose is the material we get from trees to make paper. I think wood trees have like 35% cellulose while hemp is 85(?) % cellulose. Making paper from hemp is way more sustainable and efficient.

So that's cotton, oil, pharmaceutical, an paper companies that all want hemp illegal so they can profit.

Google these subjects for a more detailed answers.

4. I swear there are like 10 of the threads a day. Granny is the best one to talk to she has a thread or link or something to 500 sources of information.

5. Facts don't mean shit when life is your perception. Life is too subjective to convince someone with "facts" whether weed (or anything) is good or bad. Everyone has different experiences. Sorry, I don't have any facts that I copy and pasted from the internet, but I think life-experience outweighs any facts.

6. Obviously im going to do my own presentation, how am I asking others to do it for me? All I'm asking for is links to specific websites/articles/info for me to learn and research/understand better because other people here on GC forums have a lot more experience and knowledge in this area and are wiser than me. Clearly your not one of them.

If you got no knowledge to share, I don`t understand why your posting...

7. You can't do all that in 10 minutes.
    Ten months? Maybe.

8. Also, if somebody says that marijuana has NO medicinal use what-so-ever, put this conundrum to the test:

Dronabinol (Marinol is the brand name) was funded by the government for medicinal use.

Dronabinol will alleviate minor pain, reduce nausea, and increase appetite.

The active ingredient in Dronabinol is Delta-9 Tetrahydracannabinol (THC), the same THC that's found in weed. Although the THC found in Dronabinol is synthesized, not naturally occurring like in Marijuana.

And you can THEN go to say: Marijuana also contains Cannabidol (CBD) which is used as an anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-convulsant, and treatment of Schizophrenia. CBD is NOT found in Marinol.

CBD is found more in Indicas than Sativas, and produce a more "body high" feeling. Most people who get couch lock are smoking Indicas.

Anything else you want to know?

(Look up THC and CBD on Wiki if you're allowed to use that as a source.)

9. Put on the Union and walk