Marijuana currency

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Limp_Shaft, Feb 13, 2014.

1. I want to live in a world where Marijuana is currency, people will literally burn, there money. Idk where I'm going with this. Any thoughts

2. everyone will be poor from smoking it lol

3. Yea everybody would be poor, so in a way nobody would be? I think it would keep prices low correct me if I'm wrong.

4. this would be awesome. There are some places in Norcal i think that have their own currency so they don't have to worry about government inflation and can be more self sufficient as a community. This weed-currency would have multiple functions too you can get baked or buy something with it. We need like a grasscity village with only stoners where we use weed as currency and work together to grow our own food and all that. We would also have the best weed out there since we would put so much time and care into growing it.

5. Yeah, but you could literally grow your own money so i think it would work out better than people would think. I'm not an economics expert though so i don't know how that would work out. I'm thinking of like a village or town using weed as a currency not the whole world.

6. And hard working growers will be earning money. And obviously, currency will be weighed, but then there's quality, how would we fix the high mass, but low quality ratio?

7. I guess we'd have to have stoners growing it so they would take the time to put love into their grow :p

8. #8 Limp_Shaft, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    It would totally diminish the "money don't grow on trees" quote.!
    Also money don't buy happiness? Nope you spend happiness, would also teach people to save their money......

9. [​IMG]

10. Lol ^_^ :D

11. People would buy what they need with the weed and smoke the rest. Just like in real life how you buy what you need with your money and spend the rest on weed, Doesn't really seem that complicated to be honest. Plus the whole economy would be centered on weed so i don't think there would really be a shortage. The only flaw with this would be larger amounts of money(weed). You can't exactly fit a thousand bucks worth of weed in your pocket. what about a million dollars worth of weed? people would have to rent moving trucks just to move their money from place to place. Even if they had weed banks, are people gonna have weed checks, weed debit cars, weed credit cards? I love this idea, but after thinking about it like this it seems even more unrealistic than i previously thought. :(

12. It would be annoying to carry around.

13. #13 Limp_Shaft, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    With a weed credit or debit card, go to the bank, and withdraw weed. I don't think it would be carried around much other than FROM the bank. You buy a car, write a weed check. They don't withdraw it all at once, just enough to fit in gallon bag. Plus it would already be worth more. So loading trucks us would be impractical, vaults? Practical. Very small amounts will buy Allot. Ipod- ounce car - pounds - house Yea just write a check for that one. One gram wild be about the equivalent of 10$ but I probably got the ratios wrong with the iPad. (I've never bought an ipod with weed)

14. lets get a shitload of grasscity members together and build an ark. we'll travel to some uninhabited island and grow weed and food.

every night we fuck bitches and get stoned and eat food and sit around a fire listening to pink floyd

Sent from my iPhone.

15. I like the ark idea I think between everyone in GS we could buy our own island and grow our own weed on half the island then make the other half a tourist resort area where we could bank off the people at the resort and sell them good bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. It happens. I bought a phone the other day with weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Yo! I have actually thought about this before haha. It's awesome to know someone else thought about it too lol

18. I don't know...

Attached Files:

It could be based in banks and traded via credit, kinda of like how we use a debit card. If you want to take bud out of the bank withdrawal from an atm. That would be cool.  :bongin: 

20. This is all sounding like some pseudo Amish-Rastafarian barter system shit to me