Marijuana Car Crash

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by magicalbrownies, Feb 23, 2009.

1. HAHA

I was in a "wreck" once while I was high.

So I just finished blazin a 1.5 g blunt of some dank, and like 15 min later I was at a stop light in the middles of rushhour in a dallas suburb.

Anyway I was tryin to fix my radio n shit and I forgot to keep my foot on the brake and bumped into a fuckin escalade right in front of me.

The white lady got out of her car and looked to see if there was damage said everything was fine and that was it hahahaha.

I hit her trailer hitch barely lol. Damn I was so blazed that day.

Another time I got super high at like 8 in the morning and had stayed up all night and had to drive like an hour and a half and damn that was one crazy trip.

But beginners should definitely not drive until they get used to the effects and dont ever drive super high.

2. i agree with all the above statements, driving high can be fun but also kind of scary. just know that you're anonymous with the rest of the cars, no cops can smell your car

3. Being high does not impair you in the same way that alcohol does. I can usually drive perfectly fine after I've been blazing. I never go that far though, just down the road or to a friends.

I got ripped before a 5 hour drive on the interstate once and it turned out to be horrible. My perception of time was so messed up that the 5 hours seemed like 10 times longer. Still the longest trip of my life.

4. Here's how I look at it:

Correct, marijuana doesn't impair you the same as alcohol. 99% of the time a drunk driver who causes an accident, you can place your bets on alcohol being a significant contributing factor.

Being a stoned driver and you get into an accident, it's really hard to say since people are affected differently my weed. There are many variables, how weed affects you, how much you smoked, tolerance, what KIND of weed you smoked, how tired you are, etc.

I think we can all agree that we'd rather encounter a stoned driver than a drunk driver. But I don't support stoned driving at all. I've seen it affect people very negatively, myself included. The only time I really drive stoned is if it's down the street. I can't stand driving on the interstate stoned, I get too much anxiety (and I'm used to driving on the interstate). So, I just don't drive stoned anymore and I don't think it's a good idea to do so.

However, most mature people understand how weed affects them and can make a judgement call, this doesn't tend to be the case with alcohol.

If weed were made legal, I would hope there would still be restrictions on stoned driving.

5. People should grow up and stop driving under the influence of anything. If you're high, stay off the fucking roads.

It's only the decent thing to do. My friend almost hit someone crossing the street when he was way too high. It was not responsible at all.

6. ^posted at 4:20
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3zou4F00Ic]YouTube - Marijuana and Driving[/ame]

7. I drive high every day for at least 30-45mins a day just because i live 30 minutes out of town and I'm usually smoking. I've gotten very used to it and I've never been pulled over in the 11 months I've had my license. I notice that I do get a little more distracted when I'm high but I always drive home by myself and can pay attention to driving.

8. It's morons like that guy that are making us take a step backwards into legalization.

9. I'd bet fucking money that he had something else in his system. Only high on MJ, bitch please. And I ejaculate golden sperm and smoke ten pounds of chronic a day. He was either fucked up on prescriptions or something else.

10. Why do you believe it's so impossible? I most definitely believe there are people out there that are dangerous drivers due to being stoned. It's really not that far fetched.

11. What was meant to be stated in my post was that he was indeed high on MJ, but the cause of the crash was most likely due to other more impairing drugs. He figured he could just say MJ and ignorant people would believe that was the only shit he was on.
    A very large number of MJ users would agree with me that it takes a potent high to actually impair the ability to drive. Anything less than a serious high will for many, only improve their ability to drive because a) Most are twice as careful than if they were sober b) Senses are elevated allowing yourself to remain entirely focused on driving.
    If I happen to drink alcohol or sip lean with my MJ I know that I wont be able to drive because they just happen to really impair the body.

12. I'm sorry, I just don't agree with you. I've seen numerous people whose driving is impaired because of being stoned. Our claims that it's perfectly fine to drive stoned are doing nothing positive for the legalization movement. We all know it's not AS impairing to be stoned vs. being drunk, but that doesn't mean we aren't impaired at all.

I used to work for the DMV and had to give driving tests all the time. And what I can say from that experience is that people are far too easily distracted while sober, the last thing we need is someone to be stoned on top of it.

13. Not sure if you understand just how many drugs are available today. legal or illegal. Saying it was only weed ultimately proves that somehow you have the ability to not only read others minds but you can actually feel how a drug responds to a random strangers body better than they can. My only point of the post was to say that the asshole was very possibly just trying to get off with a slap on the wrist.

14. And it had nothing to do with my ability to believe in how possible it was. If you want to talk about whats possible start listing off every drug known to mankind and only pick weed from the list. Now look at the other drugs and realize just how needle in the haystack that shit really is.

15. Wouldn't the exact reverse be just as true? You stated that he must have been on other drugs implies the EXACT same thing. That you must somehow know how weed affects him, and that he almost HAD to be on other drugs for this to be possible.

It seems to me that you have a hard time accepting the fact that weed can, in fact, impair a person to the point that they become a hazardous driver. Supporting stoned driving is harmful to our cause.

16. Stupid people do stupid things.

Stupid people who smoke weed still do stupid things.

Just because A--->B

Doesn't mean A<--->B and B<--->A

17. However, you've opted to ignore the variables. I most definitely agree there are stupid people who do stupid things, with or without the influence of any substances.

Weed has effects on the minds of stupid people and intelligent people alike. Black, white, short, tall, fat, skinny, stupid, smart, etc....doesn't matter. If you're too high to drive, you're too high to drive. You can't just choose to ignore the facts, and the facts are that sometimes a person is just too high to safely drive a vehicle.

18. all i know is that when i drive high im still at that point where im not going cross eyed or falling asleep. And when i do drive high it is some of the best driving i do. Always goin the speed limit being nice to ppl on the road and all that stuff. I think i drive better high then i do sober. This guy was either way to fucking high, drunk, or just a total idiot...or a combination of the 3

19. The first time I ever smoked I had to drive home. From what I recall I drove suspiciously similar to the man that was in the paper.

20. Before my wife and I bought this house (actually I think this particular day was the day we first looked at this house) our realtor that was taking us around, looking at houses, got us extremely stoned. This was back when I was more of a weekend warrior and my tolerance was much lower...plus, it was very good dank.
    Anyway, after getting us high we had to drive back to our old place which was 10 minutes away. My wife was so stoned she could barely drive. We backed up soooo slowly it was ridiculous. She was having problems focusing on the task at hand for sure. Luckily we didn't have to go far.

But here's the thing. People tend to think that just because you are driving slowly it is more cautiously. Certainly, that is true for some people, but slow is not synonymous with safe....similarly fast doesn't always mean dangerous or reckless.