Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana as a sleeping aid

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mm23, Sep 13, 2009.

1. why don't they prescribe indica strains as an insomnia aid? it's better than withdrawal-inducing narcotic pills like ambien and xanax...

I personally use marijuana medically in this sense -- no, I don't have a license and I'm doing it illegally, but nothing gives me a better night's sleep than toking a little before bed after a stressful week.

I have had insomnia problems all my life, and before I started smoking I would stay up all night tossing and turning with panic attacks and heart pain.

I kind of want to go in and see a doctor and complain about this (my state has mmj available) but I don't think I'd have any luck.

Is mmj being pretty much exclusively kept for cancer/chronic pain patients nowadays? They probably need it a hell of a lot more than I do, but I still think the merits in my idea stands.

2. "The top twenty pharmaceutical companies and their two trade groups, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and Biotechnology Industry Organization, lobbied on at least 1,600 pieces of legislation between 1998 and 2004. According to the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics, pharmaceutical companies spent $900 million on lobbying between 1998 and 2005, more than any other industry. During the same period, they donated $89.9 million to federal candidates and political parties, giving approximately three times as much to Republicans as to Democrats.[1] According to the Center for Public Integrity, from January 2005 through June 2006 alone, the pharmaceutical industry spent approximately $182 million on Federal lobbying.[2] The industry has 1,274 registered lobbyists in Washington D.C. [3]"

More money to be made selling you shitty pills