Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Anonymous!?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by redhead420, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Are you serious? WHY!? That's like "eating dessert anonymous" or "guitar hero anonymous"! It's not addictive, right!?

Man wouldn't it be cool to go to one of those meetings totally fucked up? lol (I'm bad, I know)

2. I always thought it would be funny to show up in 420 gear while high off my ass.

3. Fuck em! But yeah I would love to hot box inside a car before going to one of those meetings, let those fuckers smell my cologne.

4. you shouldn't make a mockery of people attempting to recover.

just because it isn't addicting for you, doesn't mean people don't struggle with it.

going to MA high would be like going to AA or NA fucked up. not only would you make a complete ass of yourself, but you make a mockery of everyone in recovery.

5. people can convince themselves anything if they truly believe it.

6. Trudat.

Just because you don't currently have a problem with addiction, doesn't mean nobody else does. Any kind of addition is derogatory and needs to be treated correctly.

7. My mother actually used this against me in the futile effort to prove to me that it IS indeed addictive :wave:

Anyone who willingly admits themselves into that shit, evidently just doesn't know how to make Mary J revolve around THEIR life, and not vice versa. :wave: :bongin:

8. I would never actually go to a meeting high. That would be really rude. I more thought it would illustrate my feelings on the subject to describe doing that. My suspicion is that MA is basically set up by girlfriends, boyfriends and parents of people who smoke weed. Probably most of the people in it are there because someone (maybe the courts) dragged them there.

I don't think many people wake up and feel a need to get help with weed the way someone might with alcohol or meth. I think the organization is somewhat ill-thought-out not that the people in it are bad.

9. i don't disagree with you that majority of the people there are there because the courts/pa's/parents what have you are making them go but you don't know if a handful of them aren't there because they feel like they have a problem.

i used to go to NA meetings a lot, they say if they are there, they aren't using. maybe some of those people feel the same, addiction can be funny and you can't say that some people aren't "addicted" to marijuana.

i'd say a fair chunk of users abuse the fuck out of it and by abuse i mean don't have their shit in check. if you're pawning shit or stealing money to buy bud you can't say you're not addicted and there are people out there like that. you can be a regular user and have your shit in check. be able to step away from it whenever they want, are fulling in check with there consumption and their life

anyway, i don't think marijuana as a whole is addicting, but that isn't to say someone can't be "chemically dependent" on it. just my two cents.

10. What's wrong with exchanging some material bullshit for some buds man? I prefer Mother Nature's gifts than some artificially rearranged atoms, you feel me? I've pawned shit that I feel is less important than spiritual buds - especially my TV, (which was actually a whole 'nother drug within itself, lol)

and well stealings' a whole another story...

Chemically dependent? Wtf is this, crack? Or heroin lol? though some people could actually really become dependent on exogenous anandamide, i think it's more just like an emotional attachment dude...

11. there are people in these kind of programs for playing too much video games, or masturbating too much. THere are people in programs because they cant stop hitting themselves with metal objects.. It doesnt mean much other than they have a problem with their own head.

12. Stupidest idea i've heard all morning.

13. yes.

Online Gamers Anonymous - Gaming Addiction Resources & Community For Gamers and People Affected by Gamers | [​IMG]

Someone at my college told me that they were seeing a counselor to help them stop smoking weed. They said they threw away a joint and put it in the garbage and put like soap in it to ruin it. But they still smoked it.

14. Yep, I can totally see that. Even though I never feel like being stoned all the time, I can understand completely why someone else would, and how they could get to the point where they're being driven by weed.

15. Also people may be there not willingly. Court orders and shit like that.

16. I know scientifically, one can not become physically dependant on THC. But, one can become psychology dependant on anything. Soda, food, TV, sex, anything. That's where these 12 step programs come in many a time. So if they have or think they have an issue with it, let them deal. You don't go into a church with Richard Dawkins shirts on, and you don't go to the church of the spaghetti monster with Christian shirts on, you don't go to any meeting high or in 420 gear. It's just disrespectful.

17. ^ *chemical dependence

apples & oranges pal :wave:

:bongin:
    :laughing:
    :smoking:
    :p
    :yay:

18. Not really. You can become psychologically dependent on food (including soda) because it is filling the hole made by something in your life. Any number of things can do it, and any number of things can fill it. Its all about the mindset.

19. I went to rehab a few times ripped off my ass...only reason I was there though was because my friend had to go through it. For some odd reason he named me as his sponsor, but he wasn't the quickest either so...