Marijuana and Working Out

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jcott35, May 15, 2018.

1. So I have recently became a user and smoke 4-5 times a week. I usually smoke in the evenings after work around 6pm. The next day when I wake up at 5am to workout I feel completely recovered and have great work outs, as well as I notice my heart rate stays lower does anyone else expierence these similar effects?

2. Yes I have found it helps.. I don't exactly work out but I have cleared two acres of woods mostly by hand to build house on.. In my experience.. Smoking is a great lunch break or end of day break that helps with everything.. But I think one thing if your looking at exercise is the aggressive appetite you can develop when weed is brought in.. You can all too often feel like bare handing a pot roast by yourself after working out or whatever activity it is.. Weed amplifies hunger just be aware lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. I smoke a sativa right before working out something that will give me energy and help me focus then I go home shower, eat a snack,smoke a indica,make dinner,relax, then sleep. My work outs went from 30-45 min a day to 1.5-2 hrs a day I just get caught up in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I try to eat extremely clean when snacking, I also try to keep my discipline with my diet!

5. I haven’t worked out right after smoking, I’ve only worked out the morning after smoking. I notice a huge difference for the good!!

6. Yeah man baby steps I buy fruit from Costco to deter myself from eating bad. I’m a big snacker so junk food in my house doesn’t exist.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Same here! I love the taste of fruit high!!

8. 595A349A-AA93-4D29-969B-D9464E380EE3.jpeg D592539F-488F-4BA2-AA1C-E4AFE9B763DC.jpeg
    My chip substitutes these taste like ruffles

• Like Like x 1
  9. What do u do jogging and weights? I don’t smoke before weights cus I’m afraid I’ll hurt myself but jogging or tennis I smoke before.

10. A good smoke helps to lower your blood pressure. Before working out or getting high and working out you should use a wrist bp monitor to make sure your bp is at a normal range. 100/60 to 120/80..you can drop your bp too low smoking so just be wary.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I smoke the evening before jogging and weights and have notice a major change in my workouts for the better! I try to limit my smoking to 5 days a week but use it as a recovery method at night. My body and muscles feel extremely relaxed!

12. I don’t smoke right before working out. I’ll smoke the night before and crash early, wake up around 5am hit the gym. I haven’t heard anything on the low BP, do you mean when you smoke right before working out, or would it still be affected if you smoked the day before? My recovery time between sets are great! I usually try to do 10 mins of cardio to get loosened up and stretched out and get the blood pumping. My heart rate usually tops out high 150s if I smoke the night before, if I don’t my heart rate usually tops out at 170 both running the same pace and distance on the treadmill, using my Apple Watch to monitor heart rate.

13. These are still extremely dangerous to me! Haha I try to stay with high protein snacks or actual veggies and fruit.

14. It doesn't take full affect for a few hours on all your blood vessels but if your smoking almost every day it will keep your blood pressure a little lower during that period. The only real danger is if you tend to overdose which is a bit hard to do smoking..but if you take edibles along with it..and don't dose properly you can pass out kind of randomly. The only danger is passing out from a quick drop in bp while working out. Your probably fine with what you are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Those veggie straws give me the runs..ewww

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I microdose cbd strains all day with a puffco pen then vape flower at night to relax. Are you using cannabis as a alternative to modern medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m the only person I know that likes them

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I run better (or think do lol) when i am high!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I do basically. I have high blood pressure and speedy heart rate so the meds for me are a lifesaver but make me not sleep. Cannibas is the only thing that relaxes me enough to sleep. Other than alcohol and with high bp I can't drink much anymore. Sleeping pills give me a hangover. It sucks getting old.lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Weed makes road cycling a lot more fun.

• Like Like x 1