Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Tourettes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mnoise, Oct 3, 2009.

1. #1 mnoise, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
    Hey, first post—

I've been smoking weed for about six or seven months now, and for the past few it's become regular (as in pretty much every night). Don't think I'm an apprentice anymore, but I have a question about the herb that people here might be able to answer, preferably from experience.

I have Tourette Syndrome (although it really is mild), and I heard that smoking marijuana while having this disease "isn't smart". I don't really know any details or anything about the combination and never really thought about it while I've been smoking.

Does anyone have any advice or experience here? It'd help a lot. I certainly don't want to give up. :smoke:

2. Well i dont know much about medical uses except that it helps A LOT of diseases such as ms and adhd and WWAAAYY more.. but you'd probably get more information in the medical mj forum. theres a lot of information in there :D happy smoking :smoke:

3. ^haha ADHD isn't a disease man, you cant catch ADHD.:p It's a disorder.

But anyways your asking us that...but ask yourself has it helped you or made it worse or what? Or since you said that you haven't noticed it maybe that's your answer

4. lol i didn't think about that

5. A friend of mine has toked with mild tourettes for years and never experienced any complications from it. So Id think you were good, however, you know yourself better than anyone and only you can really tell whether you think it is affecting you.

6. You should go ask in the "medical marijuana" sub-forum, you'll probably get some better answers.