Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and morning stomach problems?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 2much420, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hey City.

I was recently diagnosed with hyperacidity - basically my stomach produces too much acid. This makes my morning a nightmare (sometimes puking, usually just general sickness). I have two other friends who have similar, less-chronic symptoms who claim that they go away when they quit smoking for a few days. I've been smoking since I started, over a year straight without a full sober day.. so I really don't know.

Has anyone else dealt with stomach issues & smoking connections?

Thx for the help :smoking:

2. yes i have, once i threw up like 6 times, i dont think it has to do with marijuana, because im never hungry in the morning. but now that you mention it when i wake up un naturally (alarm clock, usually on the weekdays) i have an odd feeling in my stomach, but when i wake up naturally on the week ends i dont have that feeling. maybe it has something to do with accidently swallowing smoke or something.

3. Sometimes vaping will give me a nasty taste in my mouth if I already have an upset stomach. Have you tried edibles? That'll usually help.

4. I know what you mean. I hate that feeling when I used to have to wake up at 5 every morning by alarm clock to get to school and I won't feel as great as naturally waking up

5. #5 Raseri, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    Went to my doctor 3 weeks ago, got 40 mg Nexium and haven't had stomach acid
    problems since. I take one every other day. Weed used to make it worse; I've
    smoked once since getting the meds (ffffuuuu- urinalysis break) and didn't have
    any problems that time. So I'd just go to a doctor and ask for that. He didn't even
    charge me for a month's worth. Just charged for the visit.

Edit: Also, don't eat anything 3 hours before bed unless it's a small snack.
    Something about weed and eating a meal before bed causes stomach problems.

6. I went through a period of time when i was naseaus every morning without fail for months. I usually threw up in order to feel better. Thank god for marijuana to relieve my sufferings on those mornings cuz it was bad. Now i dont belive for once that marijuana was the cause for me because i used it for a long time before this issue came. Eventually the morning sickness went away.

7. im glad ive come across this thread, im pretty sure i have the same stomach problem thats been mentioned here a couple times. i havent gone to the doctor because my health insurance sucks and it would require a ridiculous amount of tests, so for now i can live with it, but unlike a couple people mentioned weed actually does help it.

i have a few friends and family that work in the medical field, and theyve all told me that being around food causes your gastro intestinal whatever to be stimulated and on the go.. since i work around food all day (2 kitchen jobs, 6 days a week, 9-12 hours a day) its crucial i get a lot of sleep, which i dont. i had to change my availability at both jobs to prevent having to close (get home around 2am) then open the next morning (5am) anymore because my stomach would be in knots and i would feel very subtly nauseous until i could go on break at like 10am and smoke a bowl. for a while changing my schedule around was working and i was waking up feeling fine but lately the problem has came back even though im still sleeping the same. the only remedy ive found is drinking a decent amount of water before i go to bed (im sure some of it is dehydration from smoking as much weed as i do at night after work) but that only shortens the length of the problem, i still dont wake up feeling great

8. For me, marijuana helps with nausea :confused:

9. If I crash from caffeine and go to sleep, I wake up with either a headache, or a sick nauseous feeling, without fail.

10. #10 mrs. illadelphin, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

I love all four seasons in West Virginia, for the most part. Hiking in the fall is the best, because it's just cool enough to wear a light jacket, comfortable clothes, and just walk or climb for hours. It's a good place for all the outdoorsy type things all year round though, whitewater in summer, snowboarding in the winter, and rich wildlife to bloom in spring.

:smoking:

11. lol someones baked.

12. To those with stomach issues....

Ive found if you have a late snack... like 7-8 pm, eat some bran of some sort...
    i choose to eat raisan bran, when i do my stomach issues do not exist... Im not sure why it works, but iot does,,, i believe the raisens also help...

try it... You may be suprised... and honestly, if it works who cares why...:D

13. Did you even read the thread bro? You must be baked :smoke: