Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and high blood pressure?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Young Green, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Okay so my dad has high blood pressure and has been taking prescription drugs for a year or so now and it really concerns me that he uses them. I don't think he has ever smoked and I am pretty sure he is against it, but If it helps lower high blood pressure I think I want to tell my dad about it and help him out.
    Please and thank you GC.

2. Found this on 420Magazine.com

The book is called Medical Uses of Cannabis: Information for Medical Practitioners by Andrew Kavasailas

What you are looking for is in the 3rd paragraph of section 13.4 Cardiovascular Effects

[​IMG]

Here is a link to the original forum thread. Marijuana and high blood pressure

3. Those pills are killing him.

Taking a couple of hits of some dank will help him. It actually lowers blood pressure.

Smoke and put your arm in one of those blood pressure machines:smoke: But don't smoke too much. Just get a slight buzz between high

4. Leave your dad's medication alone. Hypertension cannot be treated with Cannabis. You don't want to mess around with your dad's meds when it comes to Hypertension. The more his blood pressure stays up, the more damage is done to his system. I have hypertension too and I've done the research and I've even tried going without my meds to try and treat it. BAD IDEA. Especially if you're on beta-blockers.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. hes currently taking hydrochlorothiazide

6. From the soon to be released, 420 page long, "Granny's MMJ List- July 2010"

BLOOD PRESSURE

Reduction by Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in the blood pressure of hypertensive rats bearing regenerated adrenal glands (full - 1973)
    Reduttion by

Cannabinoids. II. Cardiovascular Effects (full - 1980)
    Sign In

Effect of marihuana on intraocular and blood pressure in glaucoma (full - 1980)
    Effect of marihuana on intraocular and blood pressure in glaucoma

Glaucoma, hypertension, and marijuana. (full - 1982)
    Glaucoma, hypertension, and marijuana.

Anandamide and delta 9-THC dilation of cerebral arterioles is blocked by indomethacin (abst - 1995)
    Anandamide and delta 9-THC dilation of cerebral arterioles is blocked by indomethacin -- Ellis et al. 269 (6): H1859 -- AJP - Heart and Circulatory Physiology

Cannabinoid-Induced Hypotension and Bradycardia in Rats Is Mediated by CB1-Like Cannabinoid Receptors (full - 1997)
    Cannabinoid-Induced Hypotension and Bradycardia in Rats Is Mediated by CB1-Like Cannabinoid Receptors

Body's 'cannabis' could hold blood pressure key (news - 1998)
    UKCIA

Endocannabinoids and Vascular Function (full - 2000)
    Endocannabinoids and Vascular Function

Endogenous cannabinoids mediate hypotension after experimental myocardial infarction (full - 2001)
    Endogenous cannabinoids mediate hypotension after experimental myocardial infarction -- Wagner et al. 38 (7): 2048 -- Journal of the American College of Cardiology

Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis (news- 2003?)
    Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis

Endocannabinoids Acting at Cannabinoid-1 Receptors Regulate Cardiovascular Function in Hypertension (full - 2004)
    Endocannabinoids Acting at Cannabinoid-1 Receptors Regulate Cardiovascular Function in Hypertension

Blood pressure regulation by endocannabinoids and their receptors
    (full - 2005)
    Blood pressure regulation by endocannabinoids and their receptors

Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Cannabinoids (full - 2005)
    Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Cannabinoids

Influence of Anandamide, the Endogenous Agonist of Cannabinoid Receptors on the Circulatory System (abst - 2005)
    Influence of Anandamide, the Endogenous Agonist of Cannabinoid Receptors on the Circulatory System - Medical Journals - Healia

Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (full - 2006)
    Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of

Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-Like Drug
    (news - 2006)
    Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-like Drug

Cannabis to lower blood pressure! (news - 2006)
    Cannabis to lower blood pressure!

The in vitro and in vivo cardiovascular effects of {Delta}9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in rats made hypertensive by chronic inhibition of nitric oxide synthase.
    (full - 2007)
    The in Vitro and in Vivo Cardiovascular Effects of

Cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats (full - 2007)
    Cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats

Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious rats (full - 2008)
    Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious rats

Modulation of the Endocannabinoid System in Cardiovascular Disease
    (full - 2008)
    Modulation of the Endocannabinoid System in Cardiovascular Disease

Endocannabinoids, blood pressure and the human heart. (full - 2008).
    http://science.iowamedicalmarijuana...noids, blood pressure and the human heart.pdf

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

7. Storm Crow, I was just about to post a link to your page. haha. Good thing I checked the last post first.

8. wait dank weed such as chronic lowers blood pressure????

9. Isn't that what the studies and articles I posted said? :p

Educate yourself!
    :hello:

Nobody else can do that for you! It's up to YOU!

Granny :wave: