Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and birth control

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deadheadparker, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hey GC, my girlfriend is interested in trying marijuana for the first time with me, however, she's on the birth control pill. Does marijuana mess with the effectiveness, or does it have any kind of health issues when smoking marijuana whilst on the birth control pill?
    It's BC kush, which is 100% indica if anyones wondering, or if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

2. If that were the case we would all be fucked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No it doesn't mess with birth control, but I recommend doing it with her while high.

4. Sweet, I was just curious because I know tobacco and birth control can cause cardiovascular problems. I'm really protective when it comes to her. Thanks.

5. [quote name='"deadheadparker"']Hey GC, my girlfriend is interested in trying marijuana for the first time with me, however, she's on the birth control pill. Does marijuana mess with the effectiveness, or does it have any kind of health issues when smoking marijuana whilst on the birth control pill?
    It's BC kush, which is 100% indica if anyones wondering, or if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I honestly cannot believe this is a legitimate question. But I'll answer.

No, marijuana doesn't effect birth control whatsoever. It has nothing to do with contraception. It's a psychoactive plant, dude. All natural.
    But really, this question made me laugh haha. It's alright though. I promise no negative effects will occur while consuming weed on birth control.

Hope this helps :) Stay groovy! :bongin:

6. go together like peanut butter and jelly

7. Unless she forgets to take her birth control while smokin the herb

8. Yep, it's fine. If you recall, birth control reached it's peak popularity in the late 60's, which is when the love revolution was, and mostly hippies took part, oh and i guess swingers. Or was that the 50's? Anyway: Hippies = weed smoking = birth control = good to go. Source: I take birth control, and I smoke tons of weed! No babies in my abdomen yet. Yet? EVER!

9. It's going to be a really nice first time for her. This may be some of the dankest bud I've ever had.

10. Herp a Derp. Your free to smoke weed and jizz in her. she won't die.

11. The only effect marijuana can have on birth control is making you forget to use a condom.

12. Yes, yes we would be.:cool:

13. Birth control effectiveness can be reduced by smoking. You can read here to understand how smoking can cause serious problem when using birth control pill at the same time. You can use an IUD as an alternative to keep your girlfriend from being pregnant.