Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Addiction

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by morpheus, Jan 9, 2011.

1. *Yes, I am fully aware that talking about other drugs on this site is against the rules, however this thread has mostly to do with marijuana and the help it can bring to addicts. Actual instances of other drug use will not be used, just the name of one drug that has brought issues upon my life.

Cocaine, a "hell of a drug". Yeah, thats sounds about right, because thats what it did to me, brought me hell. I suffered a serious addiction which lasted about a year, it caused me to get arrested twice and to drop out of school. I rarely talk about anything having to do with when I was 17 because that was the worst year of my life.

Now many of you will say that marijuana cannot compare to a coke high and therefore will not help an addict. I can vouch to say that is wrong. When my life had finally fallen to complete shit I decided to get clean. However "clean" to me meant I was still getting high, only smoking pot.

For the first few days it was hell not doing a line. However, any time I really wanted to just go score a bag I would take out my bong and smoke until I passed out. When people heard weed was helping me stay clean my friends came over and brought thier heady stash to smoke me out. After that I realized who my real friends were and I felt great.

Soon enough a week turned to two, I started smoking less and I went out with my friends more. A month turned to a year and I still haven't seen that deadly drug yet. Of course I still think about the amazing times I have had with cocaine, but living life without it is 100 times better.

Bottom line, marijuana can help people overcome addiction, I am the proof.

2. Im happy that your clean =] Congratulations on that, im sure its tough, and Hopefully someone else with the same problem will read this, and it will help them. Everybody different though, you may be one of the few who can become clean this way.

3. Actually there are a lot of people who use weed to help with different addictions. I had friends who went down this path but then I showed them bud. It was really the complete opposite of the "Gateway theory."

4. In a non sarcastic manner for once, Cool Story Bro... This is the kind of thing I like to hear, and the kind of thing that should be told to the world.

5. #5 Lerf, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    Yea man, I used marijuana as a get-a-way to cocaine. I was addicted around 5 months ago.... Now Im smoking marijuana everyday so I didn't really step up but I guess its better then spending 200 dollars a week on coke. But yea, I'm in your situtation. I used marijuana to calm the comedown from cocaine and then I used it to deplete my cocaine addiction. Haven't snorted a fat line since September, but yea... Cocaine is amazing and I used to love it and I still do, but i'd rather have more things in life like money, wife and kids and marijuana allows that

6. Upper withdraw is way easier than downer withdraw imo. But, there are bunch of studies about MJ helping for withdraws.

Congrats on being clean man, stay that way..

7. Damn dude sounds like hell
    Congratulations on being clean now and happy to see weed helped you out =)

:smoke:

8. I had always smoked weed throughout my highschool years, but I never really appreciated its uses until I found out that I had a use for it other than to get high.

I believe that serious research should be done into how addictions can be helped by the use of cannabis.

9. i hear yah buddy. i had the habit when i was 19, and in my first year of school. i ended up getting arrested with it, and becaues of that losing my entire life. they kicked me out of college, i lost 10g in court/lawyer/probation/substance abuse therapy, and ended up spiraling into a depression and losing all my friends. just make sure not to use mj as a crutch, use it for the right reasons.